• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

lost rev. after gearing up?

ericmichael

Expert
I installed the larger gear on top and lost reverse. I remember my dealer mech. telling me not to mess with something..well it was late at night using the headlights of a truck and 12 beers later I decided to gear it up with a couple buddies...now I dont have rev. anyone know what may have happend??

take the cover off, make sure the reverse arm is up when you put the cover back on. you probably put it on with the arm down. have seen that a few times. it will go forward but no reverse. pull the cover again, make sure the arm is up and reinstall. ski

ericmichael said:
I installed the larger gear on top and lost reverse. I remember my dealer mech. telling me not to mess with something..well it was late at night using the headlights of a truck and 12 beers later I decided to gear it up with a couple buddies...now I dont have rev. anyone know what may have happend??

Man dude, arteex would have a ball with this one :drink:

Seriously though, I haven't had my Nytro case apart but just recently had the case apart on the Warrior and the shift fork has to be in just the right spot when put back together. Someone will come in an probably tell you whats up, in a more technical manner.

Still ROFL tho.

Scott

skidooboy said:
take the cover off, make sure the reverse arm is up when you put the cover back on. you probably put it on with the arm down. have seen that a few times. it will go forward but no reverse. pull the cover again, make sure the arm is up and reinstall. ski

Your right...I bet thats the problem..thanks. I knew it was something simple...This is the first sled i've had w/rev but I was so used to it I parked it in my shed not thinking about the rev. :o| now I know why they put it on this beast! Also, I had a viper that I constantly tore apart etc. I always used atf in the chaincase...still ok to use?

You need to watch and feel the fork go in as you slowly put the cover on.
You may have to try it a couple times before you get it just be patient.
I think I had to get the fork started in first then move the cover so its lined up to bolt on.Meaning don't just shove the cover on with the holes lined up.
Before you bolt everything up move the lever to see if it engages if not try again.

Back