• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

lots of noise

05RXW

Extreme
Website
www.bigboytoydoc.com
Ok i have a 05 RX Warrior, i just got a chance to ride the other day for the first time, an im getting a lot of noise in the clutch side when i let of the throttle. I just had it all apart. new brg., new Micro belmont billet drive shaft and wahle bro. 8 tooth drivers, with a 2 in paddle. an i only get the noise when im off the throttle. Thanks.

05RXW said:
Ok i have a 05 RX Warrior, i just got a chance to ride the other day for the first time, an im getting a lot of noise in the clutch side when i let of the throttle. I just had it all apart. new brg., new Micro belmont billet drive shaft and wahle bro. 8 tooth drivers, with a 2 in paddle. an i only get the noise when im off the throttle. Thanks.

If you give it slight throttle does the noise go away somewhere around 1500rpm? If so that's pretty normal for these sleds.

yamaha1973 said:
Jackshaft bearing?

No, i just greased an inspected it. so i dont think its bad. No play an when i cleaned it everything looked ok. Probly wouldn't heart to get a new one in it. dont really now what the Previous own did for maintenance.

05RXW said:
Yeah if i give a little throttle it goes away. I just have never had a sled do this. i have always rode Ski-Doo's though.

No worries then. Mine and many others do the same thing. Alot of guys will bump the idle up to around 1500RPM to get rid of it. I'm about to, it's just annoying and people give you funny looks when they hear it. haha

my RX-1 is doing this as well. it started doing this once the track got alot of miles and started throwing studs. mine is a combination of the exhaust guard and something else rattling at low RPM's. havent figured out the "other" part of it yet..

HartleRacing said:
my RX-1 is doing this as well. it started doing this once the track got alot of miles and started throwing studs. mine is a combination of the exhaust guard and something else rattling at low RPM's. havent figured out the "other" part of it yet..

other thing could be exhaust donuts

I had a noise and vibration when I installed new extroverts (Micro Belmont) on my RX1M when letting off the throttle. I traced it back to the teeth on the drivers not fitting perfectly into the track holes. The teeth were rubbing on the track clips. I had to grind down the teeth on the edges so they would fit properly.

RX1MPete said:
I had a noise and vibration when I installed new extroverts (Micro Belmont) on my RX1M when letting off the throttle. I traced it back to the teeth on the drivers not fitting perfectly into the track holes. The teeth were rubbing on the track clips. I had to grind down the teeth on the edges so they would fit properly.

That is kinda what i had suspected. I'll just let them wear in. Road it the other day an other then the noise, it seamed ok. thanks.

They did have a recall for 05's clutch rattle which my dealer covered. It did help the rattle at idle. I believe there's a rebuild kit still available for a smaller fee than a complete rebuild.

Back