• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lower plastic panel removal and install

basic700

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder STX DX 146
2015 SRViper XTX LE
2009 Nytro XTX
I’m going to remove oil side panels on both my winder and viper, has anyone used the plastic push pins to reinstall the panels like what use to be used for the nytros?? I wanna go that route but don’t know what size pins to order

Many here (including myself) have installed rivnuts in the chassis after panel removal. Then you reattach the panel with screws that thread into the rivnuts. This works great and allows you to remove the panels easily when desired. A more permanent solution vs push pins.
IMG_20240101_110747062_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Many here (including myself) have installed rivnuts in the chassis after panel removal. Then you reattach the panel with screws that thread into the rivnuts. This works great and allows you to remove the panels easily when desired. A more permanent solution vs push pins.View attachment 174855
Nice bling!

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I did my research before i posted this, i didnt like the rivnut idea, as of now, just for the fact Ive never dealt with them and the fact if you dont do it properly they will spin. ive dealt with them push pins for years. yeah they break once in awhile but they plastic so no big deal pop out, slap in a new one. Allen, do you remember what size drill bit you used for them push pins?

The pins measure about 0.326" in size, I think 11/32 drill bit if I remember correctly.

I use those Honda ATV style push rivets also, but I find they work best when I drill the hole about 7.5mm, even though they are specified at 8mm.

Back