• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

M20 Hyfax slides

Motorhead

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 SW LTX-LE
Can not keep slides on my 06 Attak, they last but 200-300 miles at the most in excellent conditions, and in not so good conditions they really wear fast. So I was wondering about alternate slides for this TEAM FAST M 20 air suspension? Heard something about SkiDoo or Polaris slides fitting on these rails! Anyone try this and if so what model sled's slides will work?

For the record. Took mine off and brought them to an aftermarket dealer. He set me up with what he called newer polaris slyle black slides( He said STX etc.). Even the screw holes lined up !! They are on and they are a perfect fit.

Here's some pics of ski mounted ice scratchers. I welded a small tab to each scratcher and used a second bolt that eliminates the possibility of them ever rotating or coming loose. Also pictured is the extra wheel kit on my M20.

Ice flex 1.jpg
Ice flex 2.jpg
M20 extra wheels.jpg

Last edited:
I have a M10 AIR and bought a spare set of Polaris slides.....they are the same profile as the M-10.

Thanks guys, good to know that Polaris slides, wheels, etc. fit on this suspension.

After this past weekend ride (Saturday 140 miles) I have to try something else! Slides were sticking right away and the conditions were not that bad.Had to drive very slow and keep pulling over in deep snow to cool off the slides and that was taking it slow, by the time we got to the gas station at 78 miles my slides were down to almost nothing left. I made sure that my set up was just as communicated with Brian @ FAST, More ski pressure, limiter set up tension while on flat ground, check on suspension lower front hole location, 1/2 - 3/4" track slack, and still burn't them up in short order, without turning my beast on !!

After some more communication with fellow TYers, I shall try an extra wheel kit and give my track a bit more slack, and another set of slides before I give up on it!

Try a set of Dupont slides..... not so sure if they'll fit your set up but they are really wear resistant, expensive too but worth the purchase to save the head aches.

smoothride said:
Also take a look at your track clips to see if they are good shape. How many miles are on your track.
x2 with Smoothride. Did you say you installed a new track with all windows open, or is the old track still in there?

How many miles on the skid? Check the diameter of your idler wheels. They should be 5.25" If they're worn down to 5.125", they're shot! Worn wheels will put more pressure on the hyfax.

Also Motorhead, do you have either style of track clip pictured below? If so, that could be your culprit!

Attachments

• 611805.jpeg
    611805.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 850
  • $T2eC16N,!y0E9s2S5tuSBQdEqliwZQ~~60_57.JPG
    $T2eC16N,!y0E9s2S5tuSBQdEqliwZQ~~60_57.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 204
Remember our slides will wear to a point and stop. Is the track to tight?
You can also try excell oversized wheels.
Is the hyfax completly worn, when you say they are shot?
I just put the dupont slides on this year and so far they are great. The machine seems to roll more freely.

northernsledder.jk said:
smoothride said:
Also take a look at your track clips to see if they are good shape. How many miles are on your track.
x2 with Smoothride. Did you say you installed a new track with all windows open, or is the old track still in there?

How many miles on the skid? Check the diameter of your idler wheels. They should be 5.25" If they're worn down to 5.125", they're shot! Worn wheels will put more pressure on the hyfax.

Also Motorhead, do you have either style of track clip pictured below? If so, that could be your culprit!

OMG!!!!! The cheese grader clips....

I did change out the track with a fully clipped version of the stock track! Slides are wearing out up front first, all the way through but the rest of the slide is also wearing from the heat I guess, and as stated before this is not at turbo speeds, this happens at very slow speeds in good conditions, and with me pulling over every couple of miles to try and cool them off in powder. The clips are the smooth type. Dupont are only available for Yamaha stock rails last time I checked and I have a Team Fast M20 air. Brian @ Fast is trying to help with my wear prob. He asked me for pics of the front suspension arm/tunnel mount location, he suspects wrong location thus too much pressure on front skid. I shall attach 1 of the pics which answers my track clip type.

Thanks all, I shall keep on trying to find and repair the issue !!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    691.8 KB · Views: 225
Hammer 1 said:
Remember our slides. ill wear to a point and stop. Is the track to tight?
You can also try excell oversized wheels.
Is the hyfax completly worn, when you say they are shot?
I just put the dupont slides on this year and so far they are great. The machine seems to roll more freely.
The "T" slot on a Yamaha slide is 2mm wider than a Fast (Polaris) slide. Dupont slides are great, but they would be a sloppy fit on an M20.

20140303_075113.jpg
20140303_075018.jpg

Last edited:
Hey smoothride, wondering if you would do me a favor and take a pic of your mounting location for the front suspension shaft. Is it mounted near my pictured front suspension location which is in a stock hole in the footwell, in the groove made for a socket extension. In my pic you will see the hole in front of the allen head bolt. I had to move mine back .95" for extrovert conversion but the hole in front of it was the original. Is that how your 07 Attak front suspension shaft is mounted with the M20 air. Thanks !!

Attachments

• footwell.jpg
    footwell.jpg
    664.5 KB · Views: 199
Motorhead, I'm not sure if the '07 bulkhead is different than '11-up, but here are my front arm mounting locations:

M20.jpg

Last edited:
YEAH, I think that is just what I am looking for. Brian had said that it looked like it was in the M10 hole and not the M20 hole. He also said there are diiferences to the RX1, Apex and newer Apex frames so he was looking for proper info. I shall forward this pic to him right now. Thanks a bunch !!

Back