• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

On top end yes stock for stock
Boost clutching is garbage but the 998 isn’t great either.
Lots of slip in secondary and the weight stock isn’t great. They have some issues there on top of deto stock. That’s fixed with some tuning and it’s a different sled tuned.
I have cats and they go around 115 on gps stock and the boost is about the same
The boost is quicker in 1000 ft but that’s also because it’s light and it hooks better. They are so close that I would call it a draw.

Glad the stupid boost posts with useless videos are gone. Go blow your horn on a Boost site. Maybe you'll inspire someone more tolerable to post some actual valid
Videos are valid and I don’t know what else you would ask for? You don’t have to buy one and there is no one at the actual weenie roast that would tell you boosts are slow.
Bone stock is hard to find where people race and it’s hard to find a 998 stock.
Didn’t say a 998 is slow and I own one.

On top end yes stock for stock
Boost clutching is garbage but the 998 isn’t great either.
Lots of slip in secondary and the weight stock isn’t great. They have some issues there on top of deto stock. That’s fixed with some tuning and it’s a different sled tuned.
I have cats and they go around 115 on gps stock and the boost is about the same
The boost is quicker in 1000 ft but that’s also because it’s light and it hooks better. They are so close that I would call it a draw.
probably be more impressive a polaris was close to a winder or ... tied it back in 17 or 18 even,we r 7-8 years in just for competition to be close

A friend of mine that has major ties to the snowmobile industry (in fact he told me about the Winder before it even existed and I mentioned it here), he was at the spring ride reports before this season started. The Boost was lined up with the Sidewinder on the lake and the Winder beat it run after run. Two bone stock factory machines on that given day.

A friend of mine that has major ties to the snowmobile industry (in fact he told me about the Winder before it even existed and I mentioned it here), he was at the spring ride reports before this season started. The Boost was lined up with the Sidewinder on the lake and the Winder beat it run after run. Two bone stock factory machines on that given day.
What’s everyone going to do when the 998 ends up in a Polaris chassis?
I’ve heard there’s some truth to this‍♂️

What’s everyone going to do when the 998 ends up in a Polaris chassis?
I’ve heard there’s some truth to this‍♂️
It is in prototype form but not sure if it’s with an agreement with Yamaha or they just slipped a Winder engine in it? One of our mechanical engineers at my work is good friends with an engineer at Polaris. Apparently it started out with a RZR turbo motor with poor results. I am sure they have a couple SW test mules so they may have done this on their own.

Doesn’t mean Yamaha has anything going on with Polaris.

It is in prototype form but not sure if it’s with an agreement with Yamaha or they just slipped a Winder engine in it? One of our mechanical engineers at my work is good friends with an engineer at Polaris. Apparently it started out with a RZR turbo motor with poor results. I am sure they have a couple SW test mules so they may have done this on their own.

True but that would be a huge game changer for some people!

Bet they wanted to see how the chassis would hold up with some real horsepower in it.

Bet they wanted to see how the chassis would hold up with some real horsepower in it.
I think that’s already been proven with the 2 stroke. I’m sure Trailleader is making some smoke

I would be surprised still because they have their own proprietary 4 stroke
It’ll make over 300 hp plus tuned
It’s based off the rzr motor
It maybe though as there has been confirmation of them running around?
Time will tell
That chassis has handled big hp

I think that’s already been proven with the 2 stroke. I’m sure Trailleader is making some smoke
He has not run miles on this chassis with 300hp.
Just running down the drag strip doesn't tell me if the chassis will hold up thru the rough trails and 300hp all day long.

So what’s more impressive?
8 years of refinement or 2 months out to catch it
The 1100 is the real king of the lake anyway
The 998 is pump gas king without motor touched
I think…..

Back