• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MBRP Exhaust for Sidewinder

If the sidewinder muffler is anything like the viper muffler watch them carefully I had two crack last year.

304 stainless will crack from vibration. Have a Corsa 304 stainless muffler on my
Duramax. After 10 years it's all busted up, that pipe has a ton of high frequency vibration at the outlet, surprised I don't have women trying to ride it...LOL...

and the trail version will be baffled...baffled are not good for turbos

Last edited:
If the sidewinder muffler is anything like the viper muffler watch them carefully I had two crack last year.
was that the MBRP exhaust on your viper that cracked?

Yes it was.
that makes me a bit hesitant on buying one if they tend to crack, I know the Sidewinder is mounted a lot different than a viper, but with your info and your experience on the viper I think I'll wait and see how they stand up before I buy one.
I'm going to put on the TD Turbo Force 2.5" exhaust on my Sidewinder

Well baffles can't be bad for turbos or the factory wouldn't use them. SJ When you say bad I'm assuming you mean bad for performance, not bad as in it will melt down the motor?

Well baffles can't be bad for turbos or the factory wouldn't use them. SJ When you say bad I'm assuming you mean bad for performance, not bad as in it will melt down the motor?

Yes sir... correct... less performance.... their race is straight through perf pipe.. who knows... trail might end up that way... time will tell.... many great choices out here now though...

Think I saw that for anti-lag you dont want a hard baffled muffler. I assume too much heat not getting out. Where as the "glasspack" type baffled muffs are more or less straight thru to let the flames out without turning everything cherry red inside.

I've looked at ggp mountain and it says 4 to 6 db louder at idle and 10 to 18 db full throttle curious if anyone has one seems like no one makes a trail version for the sidewinder

Is the GGB 2.5" in and out?

The muffler core is 2.25. Inlet and outlet on the muffler are 2.5.

I'm actually curious to see some of these mufflers on a dyno comparison. Its such a short exhaust run compared to the 1100 turbos, I wonder how much the size actually matters.

I'm actually curious to see some of these mufflers on a dyno comparison. Its such a short exhaust run compared to the 1100 turbos, I wonder how much the size actually matters.

Are you still running the GGB exhaust?

Back