• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MBRP trail muffler and header

1nc 2000

Lifetime Member Tim
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha FX Nytro RTX SE
Anyone running this combination?
How is the sound?
Do you need a programmer?

I bought an '09 RTX SE with this combo a few years ago and have run it since. No programmer.

It's got a cool throaty growl and barks nicely when you get on the throttle. I am on the trail quite a bit and the sound does get old. At mid rpms there is an incessant drone that fills your helmet. Ear plugs don't change the drone at all....it's almost like it's reverberating your skull....ha ha.

I've kicked around the idea of removing the can and finding something quieter but will probably leave it alone now. The drone doesn't get to me when I have it off trail or in the ditch since your on and off the throttle so much more often. I picked up another Nytro last spring. A former race sled with stock muffler. That will be my trail machine going forward.

I bought an '09 RTX SE with this combo a few years ago and have run it since. No programmer.

It's got a cool throaty growl and barks nicely when you get on the throttle. I am on the trail quite a bit and the sound does get old. At mid rpms there is an incessant drone that fills your helmet. Ear plugs don't change the drone at all....it's almost like it's reverberating your skull....ha ha.

I've kicked around the idea of removing the can and finding something quieter but will probably leave it alone now. The drone doesn't get to me when I have it off trail or in the ditch since your on and off the throttle so much more often. I picked up another Nytro last spring. A former race sled with stock muffler. That will be my trail machine going forward.
Does ot have the race muffler or trail muffler?

Race muffler. Lots of BRAAAAPP!

Back