• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

McX Apex falling on it's face

bucknaked

Hey guys I have a 2007 McX Apex that was running great on Friday but on Saturday morning it would sputter and fall on it's face, I was able to ride the rest of the day as long as I turned my boost all the way down(7.5#'s) it felt similar to when I blew off my intercooler but I just ran a leak test today and there are no leaks. Thoughts? Maybe McX box is bad. Saturday morning it wouldn't idle and was throwing a code 14, I pulled the plug out of the McX box and noticed some corrosion, we cleaned it up and it idled and ran fine until it would go over about 8 -10 lbs. Any help would be great, thanks.

I just unplugged the secondary injectors and tested the sled and received the exact same results, is there a way to test if this is a problem with the box or a bad connection somewhere else?

I am experiencing a similar situation. 7-8000rpm 9-10lbs boost backfiring and falling on its face, changing all my vacuum lines tomorrow night, ensuring all connections are sound, if this fails guess fuel controller is going for a reflash.

check harness to McX box, connections get corroded and come loose=doesn't receive proper fueling

Back