• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MCX turbo Phazer question?

MRFUSION

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Custom Built Nypex
2008 Custom Union Bay 980 MM Chassis
Found a blown up Phazer MTX last year cheap (guy was running 17psi boost) and dropped a valve. I rebuilt it all. I am still running the complete turbo system but no head shim. My thinking is a no head shim low boost setup, like 5 or 6 psi. I did very little testing last year before the snow left us had to port the waste gate to get it down to 5.5-6psi. I know the Phazer history of overboosting these engines and the durability but this sled seems super fun. Anyone have any experience with this setup? What I can get away with on boost and fuel requirements? Thanx for any help.

I see that. Not seeing much info other than coming soon. Is that .4 bar that you found so 5.8 psi or so. Well that with using the intercooler should be safe then as well as Im sure that they arent intercooling that kit. Cool thanx.

Shad I have two of them still. One I run with a head shim and one without. The one without I run @ 10psi above 6000' on pump premium. Its lived for several years so far. Its a giggle to ride. Your elevation I'd run 6-8 and Im sure you will be happy.
Cheers

I should of known you would have some of these in your fleet. Thought it would be a fun sled for Renee, if not my son will grow into it in a few years. Thanx for the input Randy. Shad

Back