• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Measured Stock '23 SRX Specs - Weight and Clutch Offset

snowcaine

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
20 Sidewinder
21 ZR 9000
23 SRX
These are measurements I took on my completely stock (for now) '23 SRX:

Weight:
631 lbs
Between 1/4 and 1/3 tank of fuel.
Four analog scales distributed as follows:
Rear of skid: 191 lbs
Under front skid spring: 79 lbs
Clutch-side ski: 192 lbs
Exhaust-side ski: 169 lbs

Clutch Offset:
59.5-59.7 mm
Used two different digital calipers.

If you want to get a better 4 corner reading, get the 4 corner weights with you on it to get left/right and front/rear and skid-front/skid-rear biases as influenced by the suspension settings/geometry. As the suspension settles in with your weight the bias may move quite a bit.

Right now your bias is 57/43 front to rear and 29/71 on the rear skid. With you on the sled, the skid bias will change, and the front/rear may also. I believe when @kinger did his measurement the left/right ski bias also changed with his weight added.

Clutch Offset:
59.5-59.7 mm
Used two different digital calipers.
I would leave it alone and see what your belt temps/markings are.. My 22 is right at that and temps are really good.. Every sled is not the same but I know of 2 2022's that were way better in the mid to upper 59's compared to older models that seemed to be better 57.5-58 mm range.. My 22 is actually SLIGHTLY further out from the Hurricane bar when using it.

If you want to get a better 4 corner reading, get the 4 corner weights with you on it to get left/right and front/rear and skid-front/skid-rear biases as influenced by the suspension settings/geometry. As the suspension settles in with your weight the bias may move quite a bit.

Right now your bias is 57/43 front to rear and 29/71 on the rear skid. With you on the sled, the skid bias will change, and the front/rear may also. I believe when @kinger did his measurement the left/right ski bias also changed with his weight added.

Is there a distribution or bias I should aim for?

Is there a distribution or bias I should aim for?

That is a very subjective thing but I suspect that whatever comes out of the loaded test will tell you the direction you need to go.

I would leave it alone and see what your belt temps/markings are.. My 22 is right at that and temps are really good.. Every sled is not the same but I know of 2 2022's that were way better in the mid to upper 59's compared to older models that seemed to be better 57.5-58 mm range.. My 22 is actually SLIGHTLY further out from the Hurricane bar when using it.

My 23' with the shim in place was close to 61 !!!

removed the shim...will be removing 3mm hub
I found the 2022 to be better around 59.5-60 mm... then what guys were doing with early models.(2017- .. I believe the 57.5 -58.5 mm is where most wanted to be on early models. But on my 2022 it was not happy at all at that range. They are all not the same but be careful removing to much..

I figured to add shims back and thought 59 to be a fair target.. Where was your sweet spot and timing what tune and what traction
Thanks

59.3- 59.8 range where I found to be running very cool. Secondary just UNDER 100 degrees on hard pulls. I got burned trying to make mine run at the offset that was being used on early models.(did not break belt). But it was not happy. Not sure what changed in 2022 but something definitely did IMO.. I tuned the 2022 to TD MS 17 since day one. Running just over 200 gold diggers at 1.450" stock track LTX SE 1.25". XS belt. straight 38 helix/ heavy hitters 69.5 grams. B/O Dalton 6/3.. 6/3 is not enough on the BIG tunes on long hard pulls.. I can just smell my belt on TD MS 20 around 1000 feet(with chisels 1.63).. Never a issue on the smaller tunes with belt slip up top..

Back