• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Might of screwed my belt.

shawnj

Expert
Was trying to back sled into trailer (first mistake) it started to slip, i could smell the rubber burning. Being a bit stubborn (second mistake) I tried again.... After that didnt work lol, i decided to do it the right way and drive the dam thing in. Well, when I got home I checked belt, hard to see any visible damage but there is tiny belt particles all down the left running board. Thoughts on leaving it on and trying it? What might I notice if it is now defective? Thank you!

This is an area of a bit of a groove worn in belt. Tried to upload other photos but file too large. Will try to resize.

Attachments

• B9222550-6522-45FE-B710-E29A9D5E3D0B.jpeg
    B9222550-6522-45FE-B710-E29A9D5E3D0B.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 72
One last photo.
I cleaned the primary clutch with fine Emory cloth. There was not much residue but cleaned anyway. Nothing on secondary.

Attachments

• D6AFC949-AE89-4D9B-A60D-1543C81DC5D1.jpeg
    D6AFC949-AE89-4D9B-A60D-1543C81DC5D1.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 70
Run it.. If it vibrates ditch it.
. I do see one spot that appears to have cord pulled?. Glazed it over good.. The only issue would be that cord or vibration. Run it for a trip and don't hammer on it right away. Then see what it looks like.

Was hoping to reinstall as I will be riding double next trip out and didn’t want to break in a brand new belt with 2-up.
At least I can always throw it in the back as an emergency back up or to use when I decide to try something stupid again..

Some advice so you don't do this again.
99% of the time this happens while trying to get the sled moving from a stand still, usually due to being froze or a ski stuck on something like a trailer ramp for example.
If you grab a bunch of throttle and the sled isn't moving you have to back out of it right away and figure out what's going on, or this is the result.
:)

Back