• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

modified exhaust violation Bracebridge , Ont

I hate to say this but it has nothing to do with decibles. It has everything to do with being modified. I was pulled over this year with my 900 fusion that has had a slp trail exhaust since new. He showed me the law in his book of laws. It does not matter if it is quieter than stock it is still modified an that is all that matters. I told him that mine is within the allowable decibles and what i said above is what he told me.

correct, that way its not subjective too who thinks what is too loud.
But here is a question for you. they are saying anything modified that wasnt installed at factory.

So if you stud your track, you have modified it. It is now "other" than the way it was made at factory. Same for upgrading your carbides, suspension, skies etc,etc etc. Where do you draw the line ?

Anything that is modified past the y pipe was what I read in his book of laws . I remember in the nineties they started this law inorder to keep them quiet now it is just a money grab. The same officer noticed a four stroke that was quieter than stock an from what he told me they still got a fine. If you are fighting it I hope you make some headway in the courts as amatter of fact the old fusion is still running strong and I will run the slp exhaust next year and if I get ticketed I will take it all the way. This law should be about decibles and the police should have some kind of decible reader in order to make sure it is with in spec the after market exhaust. The law needs to be changed

Totally agreed there. If its a noise issue they are concerned about then make it about the noise. Lots of guys riding with stinger pipes that are crazy loud. My excell is quiter than stock untill you really give it.

Glad I live in the North. I've run an Excell for three years. Police have never said anything about it. Can a stop officer even lay a fine without a police officer present? I've been stopped by them checking for permits which is fine by me as over half the guys ride without one! I've been out on trail patrol with the Police and half those stopped do not have a permit.

I guess its back to what I have brought up as a Director at club meetings. The last thing you want is more police on the trails. They or in this case stop officers will kill the sport. Great for fining the non permit riders but last thing you need is the rest of the crap that comes with it! Kind of a bitter sweet deal!

I mean by law my exhaust ,ski's, track, studs, steering bushings, bar riser, seat, windshield, rear suspension and a bunch of other stuff are all not oem for my sled.

Guess avoiding Eastern Ontario is top of my list. The RAP tour sounds like a nice ride but the hassles are not worth it. Home plus Manitoba and Saskatchewan look like way better places to ride.

PRE TRIAL MEETING WAS CANCELED BY COURT. PROSICUTOR COULD MAKE TIME. WILL MEET WITH HIM BEFORE COURT ON DAY OF TRIAL.
STILL HAVENT RECEIVED COURT DATE YET.

BRACEBRIDGE EXHAUST VIOLATION UPDATE, I WON !!!!!!!!

Was in court last Wed.
Charging stop patrol officer never showed so prosicuter withdrew ticket because of lack of evidence on Crowns side.
Spoke with Judge and said that I would like to get a ruling on eveidence I had provided (250 pages)
He said it is first time in 21 years on bench he has seen this charge 18(2) of snowmobile act come before .
Prosicutor looked info over quickly and agreed with me that I was charged incorrectly.
Judge asked me to leave him all the info that I had researched. Left him my contact info as well.
He said he would like to review it for himself.
He agreed as well as prosicutor that they charge 100 people and hope 99 pay fine with out questioning

My advise, fight these tickets and let's not let them get away with this crap.

As a final note : Although the Township of Muskoka did not get any $110 from me on for my sled ticket they did ding me $10 for parking fine when the meter ran out while I was in court. LOL

Cheers

Greggie I will be waiting for my $100. I do take Paypal

Good job. I will be looking you up for info if they ever nail me with that stupid charge.

Well, there couldnt be a better conclusion to this story. Good for you to fight it. Way it to stick it right back them.

When we see the authorities deal with these guys running straight pipes on their motor cycles that can be heard for miles away, then maybe they could in good concious look at the odd snowmobile that is guilty with a modifed exhausts, but they completely turn a blinds eye to this summer noise pollution and dont say a thing.
MS

Back