• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

modified viper mid windshield

reed

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 xtx viper se
I never liked the viper mid at all,looked awful so I took matters into my own hands,since a suitable re placement was not to my liking.
I took the mid and cut 3 inches off the top and 1 inch off the flares,and I like what I have come up with.
The problem with the sport low is it leaves off a lot of the flare part which I like.
iam posting pics of the process.
I reused the same piping that was around the windshield.
1 pic is the layout
2 after cut
3 side view
4 front view

Attachments

• reeds 163.jpg
    reeds 163.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 610
  • reeds 170.jpg
    reeds 170.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 580
  • reeds 184.jpg
    reeds 184.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 579
  • reeds 185.jpg
    reeds 185.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 666
  • reeds 187.jpg
    reeds 187.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 541

dremel
and thank you took about 2 hours

Looks nice

Is the piping glued on and how did you remove it?

Thinling of trimming my Crosstour shield, but I think it has a flared lip that adds rigidity.

I never liked the viper mid at all,looked awful so I took matters into my own hands,since a suitable re placement was not to my liking.
I took the mid and cut 3 inches off the top and 1 inch off the flares,and I like what I have come up with.
The problem with the sport low is it leaves off a lot of the flare part which I like.
1 pic is the layout
2 after cut
3 side view
4 front view

Wow great job.

The piping can just be pulled off,didnt seem to be glued on there.
Just be sure to put the piping in warm place before reinstall keeps it soft.

1 pic is the layout
2 after cut
3 side view
4 front view

Nice looking! I did it on my old viper with a jigsaw.

If you want to retain the colour match and style of the original "guage warmer" to the sled, you can just screw it in over top of the replacement shield (whether it's a modified shape or standard). Takes a little jigging with the flares, but fits and looks good.

nice job guys siscakidd do the hand guards work ok? will they work with yours reed? thanks rocco

Thanks,yeah the hand guards are close but do not touch the windshield.may redo the color of it to white to go with the wrap

Back