• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Moisture in chaincase

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
hey guys,
I had my chaincasehey apart to change my track and changed my chain case oil for the first time the other day, usually I get the dealer to do it before every season, I was surprised at how much moisture was in it.
All the bearings in the case were new last season so the seals should be good,

Is this normal, is this a condensation issue or is there something else going wrong?

The oil was pretty filthy as well.

Thanks
Ms

Its stored in a building but is not heated. All the bearings were done last fall so you would think all the seals would be good and the problem would not exist, but sure enough, when i took it apart this summer and drained the oil there was moisture in there.
What do you think?
MS

Few years back had the same thing happen during the off season on one of 2 identical Polaris sleds. Only thing I found was the chaincase vent was partially plugged or plugged on the one sled that had moisture.

The vent on the Nytro's chain case is that rubber nub on the right side - correct?
Probably makes sense to pull it and inspect whether its breathing properly.
Thanks for the comment
MS

Back