• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

motor toast

srx901

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
turbo nytro
I have a 2010 Nytro with 8000mi. I have been having idle issues and have looked for vacuum leaks and isc valve problems ect I checked what the sled was puting out for vacuum and the needle on my gauge was going between 0 and 5 psi fluctuating fast. so I did a compression test and I get 125 on all three cylinders and I read on here that that is too low so I either have blown head gasket between all cylinders or my rings are shot. Ive had many two strokes with more miles and they are much easier to rebuild . Has anyone else have this problem and how hard is it to remove motor to rebuild top end.

Even is good. Check it with another gauge.

Compression on Nytro motor is supposed to be 213 psi per the local Yamaha shop service technision

normally when you get a nice even compression reading that is a good first sign. Next would be to test it against a different gauge to see. I have a tester that is always 30-35% low compared to a snap on or higher end I have tested it against. I just know this for when I check my own stuff.

The other thing that could have happened is your timing chain could have jumped a tooth or two causing the valves to be slightly open during the compression stroke. Has it ever backfired really hard or been stopped suddenly somehow?

Last edited:
The other thing that could have happened is your timing chain could have jumped a tooth or two causing the valves to be slightly open during the compression stroke. Has it ever backfired really hard or been stopped suddenly somehow?
I dont remember it ever backfiring or stoping quick could have bad exhaust valves I supposed. I need to put capfull of oil in cylinder and recheck compression to check rings

Back