• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Motoroil instead of gearoil in the chaincase?

Sarrow

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Phazer xtx 2014
Hi im new here.

In my doo:s i always have motoroil in The chaincase and it works well. How does it works on this sled, its only The chain thats lubricants by The oil. Not any type of gearbox for The reverse?

Sorry for my bad english

welcome.

others have used atf with good sucess. i have been getting good service out of gear lube and i find it sitcks to the chain well.

Just in case it gets lost in translation ... atf is automatic transmission fluid.

ATF was used mostly by those in racing to reduce drag from the thicker oil. Our gears and chains use gear oil. And the reverse system needs to be fed properly by oil that climbs the chain and into the oil pipe that feeds the reverse gear box. If it's too thin, it won't climb up the chain as well. I've always used 75w90 synthetic gear oil for better protection and replace it every season.

I’ve been using Mobil 1 gear oil ( rear end/differential) for about 20yrs. If you really want to run motor oil, I’d suggest motorcycle engine oil, because it’s formulated to go through a gearbox and will hold up to the chain and gears better. BUT motor oil wouldn’t be my first choice in a chain case.

Back