• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer 500 mtx 07 - charging issues

SteveD

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha phazer 07
Hi guys, first of all, sorry about my english. It may be bad. Anyway, i’ve been reading a lot lately about issues in the charging system of the 07 yamaha phazer.

I had the code about charging system issue wich is fault code 46. I troubleshooted and saw no 14V to my battery.

I replaced the battery, without success and then the rectifier. Sadly, no 14V again.

i replaced the only part left in the system wich is the stator. I started the sled but still no 14V!

I don’t know what to do. Could it be a ground issue?!

please help me!!

fuses are good on solenoid?

Yes, every fuses are ok. I could check again but at first they were all good. I saw that main fuse was the one in line for it. I don’t know if it helps but the sled’s running great! It only doesn’t charge.

I had an headlight that died. Could it be a ground issue? I read a little bit about grounding block service but I don’t know if it can cause the rectifier to malfunction?

Last edited:
grounding blocks cause weird issues, so i would do them 1st before trying anything else on the sled.

A bit sad that I already changed everything hahaha ! The battery, rectifier and stator are new. What should I check ? Where is the grounding block?

has some good info on the ground block issue. @cannondale27 is more expert on this than i am. the above thread allowed me to check that it was already done on the 09 i bought a few years ago.

I guess it could be grounding block or wires to it if one of the grounds shorted to the stator or a regulator wire but I doubt it. You mess with the main solenoid wires? They can be installed backwards. Like said fuse good? If not that you need to retest the new stator in my opinion. Should be continuity to all three legs to on another and cannot be grounded. If that’s so it’s good.

I guess it could be grounding block or wires to it if one of the grounds shorted to the stator or a regulator wire but I doubt it. You mess with the main solenoid wires? They can be installed backwards. Like said fuse good? If not that you need to retest the new stator in my opinion. Should be continuity to all three legs to on another and cannot be grounded. If that’s so it’s good.
Thank you so much for helping me. I checked voltage output from stator and I got like 40-41V on each phase. No ground on any phase. The fuses seem good to me (I tested them to be sure and they are good) because the sled is running A1 except the rectifier only provide 1.5V. I’ll check the grounding block but mostly the connectors to be sure the rectifier receives the full voltage from stator ‍♂️
Ho and I tested the rectifier’s diodes and they seem good. Opening and closing correctly. I’m so confused.

Thank you so much for helping me. I checked voltage output from stator and I got like 40-41V on each phase. No ground on any phase. The fuses seem good to me (I tested them to be sure and they are good) because the sled is running A1 except the rectifier only provide 1.5V. I’ll check the grounding block but mostly the connectors to be sure the rectifier receives the full voltage from stator ‍♂️
Ho and I tested the rectifier’s diodes and they seem good. Opening and closing correctly. I’m so confused.
My pleasure. I didnt do anything yet! But Good. Your on the right track. Must be a open circuit somewhere. I doubt the grounds because when they fry they become open. When regulator is working it controls excess voltage by dumping it to ground. If the regulator uses a wire to do this then yes that could be it but most use the regulator itself which is grounded. so that would eliminate all the grounds. I honestly dont remember the Phazer regulator ground.

#2 is Stator and #3 is regulator
1629341422863.png

Back