• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mountain addiction x2 1.3 gallon tanks on Nytro XTX?

Matthew457

Expert
Country
Other
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro xtx
I may be ordering them soon. Already moved tail light to just above bumper bar as in picture. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 133

FB_IMG_1441882966871 (1).JPG

I have them...make sure you buy a turn out and I added reflective tape to right side. I also moved the pin closer to the right so the tanks wouldn't slide over into exiting exhaust. I haven't blown up yet...over 1000 miles with them on. Think I'm going to fab a shield this year to block more exhaust. I ran my wires under tunnel...used square tubing from tunnel protector to run wires through...let me know if you want a pic.

Last edited:
View attachment 109745

I have them...make sure you buy a turn out and I added reflective tape to right side. I also moved the pin closer to the right so the tanks wouldn't slide over into exiting exhaust. I haven't blown up yet...over 1000 miles with them on. Think I'm going to fab a shield this year to block more exhaust. I ran my wires under tunnel...used square tubing from tunnel protector to run wires through...let me know if you want a pic.
Awesome! And yes, pictures would be amazing! Thanks

View attachment 109745

Also, I was thinking of putting the tanks facing sideways, so the caps stick out facing the left side of sled from the back. I think that it would leave more room by the exhaust. I lined it up with the ones my brother has and it seems like it would work out a bit better.

View attachment 109745

The sliders would go on like that, with one as far as possible to the left

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 117
The sliders would go on like that, with one as far as possible to the left

Good idea...I'd like to see pics (you might have problems clearing the tail light but an LED strip would solve that)...I'll try to get you some pics of under the tunnel sometime this weekend.

Good idea...I'd like to see pics (you might have problems clearing the tail light but an LED strip would solve that)...I'll try to get you some pics of under the tunnel sometime this weekend.
Ok cool thanks, and I was thinking about maybe putting a spacer or something inbetween the bolts so that the sliders will be a bit higher up so it will clear the taill light. Will see what works when I get it.

since the tail light points up in that position i made 4 plastic wedges, two for outside tunnel and 2 inside. drilled them so the screw went straight through and now the light faces straight back.

Here you go...

Attachments

• DSC_0046.JPG
    DSC_0046.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC_0048.JPG
    DSC_0048.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 108
since the tail light points up in that position i made 4 plastic wedges, two for outside tunnel and 2 inside. drilled them so the screw went straight through and now the light faces straight back.
I put the light upside down lol, but that's a good idea, I may just drill holes lower if I have too

since the tail light points up in that position i made 4 plastic wedges, two for outside tunnel and 2 inside. drilled them so the screw went straight through and now the light faces straight back.[/QUOTE
since the tail light points up in that position i made 4 plastic wedges, two for outside tunnel and 2 inside. drilled them so the screw went straight through and now the light faces straight back.[/QUOTE
got any pics?

I can try if I get up north in the next couple weeks but you basically take a small cube of plastic. drill a hole down the center of say the front side.. then along the left or right side of the cube cut it through corner to corner. you now have two wedge pieces. Then you just get creative with the angle so it points straight back and not up at angle. Of if you can find small enough ones buy beveled washers.

I can try if I get up north in the next couple weeks but you basically take a small cube of plastic. drill a hole down the center of say the front side.. then along the left or right side of the cube cut it through corner to corner. you now have two wedge pieces. Then you just get creative with the angle so it points straight back and not up at angle. Of if you can find small enough ones buy beveled washers.
Sounds great, thanks

Back