• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mounting a Shovel on a Phazer?

Voda2000

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer GT 136"
Now that I have a 136" I finally have space to mount a shovel on the the tunnel.

Does anyone have a pictures of what they've done? Or any bags they've tunnel mounted?

Also before anyone mentions a backpack, I hate wearing them and I'm on the prairies so there is no avalanche safety risk of it being on the sled vs me.

Thats a great question Voda. Been wanting to ask the question myself but kinda leary.
I wear a pack on longer runs usually so that's an option for me, but I too would like to keep one on the sled.

Attachments

• P1020326.JPG
    P1020326.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 252
  • P1020327.JPG
    P1020327.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 279
  • P1020328.JPG
    P1020328.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 561
  • P1020329.JPG
    P1020329.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Thanks for the photos. That looks like the same shovel I have. Costco?

I only carry the shovel once a year - we hit a buddy's cottage at Minaki for the free Ontario trails weekend. To get to Kenora from Minaki its unmaintaned bush trails. Last year's snow was deep but may not need to bring it this year.

The only thing I hate is the rear exhaust - I would kill to be able to mount a bag on the tunnel!

I would like to carry it as I do some backwoods riding in the Whiteshell and seems to have a knack for finding the deepest snow in the swamps. Although now with the 136 I'm hoping the need for a shove will decrease and I can just pass it to my brother when his 121 is stuck!

With this years snow I should just borrow my son's shovel from his sand box and put it in my pocket.

I have the turnout on my exhaust (Skinz) so I have been looking to see if a bag would work on the tunnel. Polaris makes one that is really nice and holds a shovel but it's got their logo on it.

Back