• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Moving on from RX1

spr5088

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
03 rx1
Looking for some advice as I got rid of my 2003 rx1 shorty. It had an excel exhaust, updated front end/a arms, mono skid, ice ripper track, and apex seat with 4" handlebar rise. I loved the power of the rx1, but looking for advice on what to get next. I am interested in buying another 4stroke, as I love the reliability of the motor.
I do most of my riding on trail (85/15) in Old Forge ny.
I'm 6'4, 210lbs. Would like to keep the new purchase under or around 7k.

If you want to stay yamaha, I think an apex with the 136 track would be a good option. A friend has the doo 1200 renegade I think... has the 136 track. Great overall sled too!

I was able to ride a 1200 renegade for a bit this weekend.. Seemed strong but I wasn't able to test it too much. How is the 2011 apex se? Reliable, and any major mods needed?
If you want to stay yamaha, I think an apex with the 136 track would be a good option. A friend has the doo 1200 renegade I think... has the 136 track. Great overall sled too!

Not that I can think of really offhand, but haven't rode an apex with the power steering. Might be worth throwing up a post in the apex section or doing a quick search?

apex will most likely suit you well. at your height a bit more rise would not hurt but stock is not too bad. I have +3" lake effect riser on mine and I know a +4" will fit with stock cables. love the eps as I have a bad shoulder and it lets me push as hard as I used to before the pain started.

X2 on a EPS Apex, you could pick up a 2011 for the price range you are thinking of. They are great sleds!
You will be surprised at the improvements over your 2003. ;)!

Back