• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Moving the bushings to widen stance - long term experiences?

DigitalFusion

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 Viper LTX, 10 Turbo Phazer MTX, 08 Phazer, 88 SnoScoot
I know there are several pages of threads on here where people have swapped the busings around to widen the stance on the phazer. I was curious if anyone has had theirs swapped around for an extended period and could comment on whether or not this leads to any premature wear?

Re: Moving the bushings to widen stance - long term experien

DigitalFusion said:
I know there are several pages of threads on here where people have swapped the busings around to widen the stance on the phazer. I was curious if anyone has had theirs swapped around for an extended period and could comment on whether or not this leads to any premature wear?

x2 I would like to move mine also, just want some feedback

I have run that set up for trails on the wife's for years. The only differance is that it's harder to flip........either on its side or back on the skis LOL! She likes it wide, but with the MTX skis set that way it's actually wider than my Nytro with PowderHounds!! Nice and stable. Not the greatest for sidehilling though.

I am looking into doing this now... you take the bushing out on the one side and put them both on the same to move the ski right? or am i looking at it wrong

Yes correct or you can go in between by moving the long one to outside.I ran all the way wide up until this year when I put Pilot 6.9's on.Helped handling alot running wide.No issues especially with UPBushmans spindle kit installed.

Cool man i Will definitely be doing this since my sway bar is MIA :p I need all the help i can get lol I took it off because i don't like the way it feels when i sidehill

Put the smaller ones on the insides! WIDE Wide wide!

Back