• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI kit.

Viperschum

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha viper
Hey guys… new here. Purchased a barn find Yamaha viper, 2014 xtx 117 miles on it. Original miles brand new sled. It has an mpi kit on it, not sure how to tell if it has the studs and shim kit for it? Anyone to tell?

no idea
but i know dave you bought it from
his new srx is in my garage
do you live near bethalto and were do you ride
duane rister
That is correct. Usually ride northern Wisconsin or UP sometimes out west.

If you look behind the primary clutch at the head gasket area, you can see distance between the block and head. A stock head gasket is about 0.020" thick, most shims are 0.060-0.120" thick, you should be able to see the difference. Also if it has been shimmed and studded, it will likely have a larger fuel pump, injectors, or a 4th injector added onto the intercooler.

If you look behind the primary clutch at the head gasket area, you can see distance between the block and head. A stock head gasket is about 0.020" thick, most shims are 0.060-0.120" thick, you should be able to see the difference. Also if it has been shimmed and studded, it will likely have a larger fuel pump, injectors, or a 4th injector added onto the intercooler.
ah as far as I know it does have a larger fuel pump. Not sure on a 4th injector, but does have an added intercooler too. I will have to get the calipers out on the head gasket and see if it’s been shimmed.

Back