• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mpi quiet vs loud muffler

I have #*$&@ dyno and it is big diff. I carry the quiet one in case of db problems but have been pulled over several times and the noise of the race can was never brought up and the last time he wrote me up for everything he could think of.

i went with the race can, its definatly not that loud. i did notice it was more crisp.

It will make 2 more lbs of boost with no other changes other then going from a quiet can to a race can. It flows that much better.

Well remember Hurricane did that test on a customers sled and it was only 150ish hp with the trail can and they put a different muffler on it ad got it closer to 180 so it is definitely a +. remember it cost a lot of hp to be quiet!!!

On my trail kit, the loud can was worth bout 400 rpms or so. I gotta say though, even though its not super loud, it's not quiet either, and after an all day ride, I am a bit sick of it and my ears are ringing. Ulmer was working on a high flow quiet(er) can last year, not sure if he has it for sale or not? @Srxspec ?

How loud is it compaired to none turbo mufflers like the sandale? I had that one on mine before I turboed it and loved it! Now its way to quite again

So what are our options for replacements on the MPI kits?? I didn't realize how much HP I was missing out on. Would like to know the db difference tho..

With Eabc installed you wont notice any Hp difference until around 7lbs. Slighty quicker Spool with the loud.

On my trail kit, the loud can was worth bout 400 rpms or so. I gotta say though, even though its not super loud, it's not quiet either, and after an all day ride, I am a bit sick of it and my ears are ringing. Ulmer was working on a high flow quiet(er) can last year, not sure if he has it for sale or not? @Srxspec ?

Was that a trail kit with the eabc?

Back