• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPS on 2015 Viper XTX

ViperTurboPete

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper XTX LE MPI Turbo
2022 Expedition Extreme 850
I recently picked up a 2015 Viper XTX MPI Turbo. I have been riding around on the lakes and bush trails and notice the steering is pretty stiff, especially when riding narrow bush whacking trails. Not thinking much about it, I hop back on my Nytro MTX and the steering is extremely light. So, I hopped on the forum to see if I am the only one with armstrong steering and discovered the MPS device.

I pm'd barn of parts and the response I received is that the "ears" on the XTX spindles are too short and it is extremely difficult to install MPS. I assume one would need to buy new spindles which I don't want to do again because I did that with my Nytro along with a myriad of other things.

I am just wondering if there are other XTX owners who have switched spindles and installed the MPS and if the total expense is worth it? Or, if anyone modified the spindle by welding a longer tab to receive the MPS device.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Still have lots of snow and ice here...

Have you tried adjusting the center spring preload? It can have a big impact on steering "weight" as well as push in the corners. Try increasing the preload on small increments (1-2 turns at a time, retest) until steering is as desired. Too much preload and you will have very light steering, but significant push in the corners. Finding the balance is tough, but worth it.

Someone will chime in with "ditch the tuner skis," but I like the tuners once I got the center shock adjusted to my liking. To each their own.

This sled came with Fox Float 3's so I will pump up the front skid shock. That was my initial plan, BUT when I discovered info on MPS on the Sidewinders, I started "falling off the wagon". My addiction (to mods) started to take over my life (and finances) once again.

I received information that MPS is available for the 15 Viper (without having to do any spindle mod/change). I will research reviews. Hopefully I can find reviews specifically for the Viper.

Back