• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MSD Launch Master 4350 - Apex LTX MCX290

57 129 wow thats alot, wouldnt that give like 5000rpm at least? I was wondering on y-g-y 40-123 as My normal are y-sl-y 35-118 and that gives like 3600rpm.

Im been told that every 5kg gives around 3-400rpm increase,right? Wanna get it up there for 0.2-0.3 bar launch with launc controller.

Supertips 60 grams loaded 14-8-2, engagement in the area 4300-4500 rpms

Im at 84g total aswell with ysy spring
arctic green secondary set to 80 with shockhelix 45deg hitting around 3600rpm as it should with this spring, seeing almost 0.2 bar with launch master.

Curious to get it up there arounde 4200 and maybee shim if necceseary to 4500, just afraid to loose that smooth drive away in deep snow.

launchmaster

is the launchmaster needed or usefull for a supercharged apex at 12 psi
will this be hard on the engine , shorten belt life,or blow the throttle bodies/intercooler off
and will the belts break (i run a car with psi c screwblower 2 step and its hard on belts)
this sled runs good and reliable now and i dont want to work on it im 10 hrs from home when sledding
but i do take a stock sled with me
thanks

The advantage of the launch control is to build boost with a turbo but also you will get a quicker reaction time by just letting off a button rather then moving a throttle. We have not found it at all hard on the engine but can apply more stress to the belt without proper clutching

I can't say that I've ever seen it on a supercharged sled. I suppose it might work. Probably more suitable for turbo.

FLYBYU said:
I can't say that I've ever seen it on a supercharged sled. I suppose it might work. Probably more suitable for turbo.

I do use 2 step on my supercharged sled (bigstuff3 ecu) but not to build boost, I use this feature for consistency and launch tuning features of bs3 that are enabled by using this.

mulot30th said:
FLYBYU said:

I do use 2 step on my supercharged sled (bigstuff3 ecu) but not to build boost, I use this feature for consistency and launch tuning features of bs3 that are enabled by using this.

Big stuff doesn't have it built in? I wouldn't think it would build boost but the belt is turning. Wasn't sure. ;)!

Yes.. I do use the internal bs3 2 step, but NOT to build boost.

The very same applies to a supercharged sled using a MSD launch... will hold the launch rpm for consistency.

In fact I have 2-3 psi of boost on the 2step, but there is no need to build boost on a SC sled, I only use this for consistency.

that was my point.

Back