• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mtx rear skid

Jeepjklabrador

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 sr viper mtx
2014m8000
2012 skandic swt
image1.PNG
image2.JPG
Ive run into some major trouble with my rear skid on my mtx it has 400km on it and my rails are destroyed i also have a proclimb 800 that i have 4000km on with the factory hyfax after looking over both sleds it seems yamaha for some reason removed the middle idler wheels from the skid on the viper :0 just a warning for anyone who does any groomed trail riding on there way to the fluffy stuff cheap fix add in the 2 wheels , you can see in the pic the cat has 2 behing the rear arm right where mine self destructed

Will add pics soon

Last edited:

Were you running with your scratchers down? How fast/far were you going

No the scratchers wernt down we had lots of snow on the trails was going 60-80 kmph i have all new ice age gear otw and will be adding lots of extra wheels

Ussally we remove all of our extra wheels. I have never seen one eaten up that bad. Maybe want to get the slides with the tephlon strips in them from SLP. Fred

Looks bad.

I have already 1500km with my mtx and sliding plastics looks like new. I use ice scrathers always in trail.

Back