• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My 2018 Apex 50th XTX

2017112295135829_01.jpg

Here is a pic of a 2018 Apex with rear damper..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tom. Good looking sled. Please report back when you get a chance to ride it. Curious how that fox float suspension compares to the mono shock. That’s my only apprenhension on pulling the trigger on a 2018.

Thanks Tom. Good looking sled. Please report back when you get a chance to ride it. Curious how that fox float suspension compares to the mono shock. That’s my only apprehension on pulling the trigger on a 2018.

You got it!! I am curious too.

Lol, here's my 2018 Apex 50th XTX. I have a busy weekend ahead of me but one of the nice things about buying a new Apex after owning an RX-1 and 08 Apex all of these years, is that I know my way around these sleds all too well. One of the nice things about having it all apart like this is that it's a great time to polish up that tunnel; can't have my 08 which is all polished up to look better than the new one. I've only done the left side and even with the tunnel being new, there is a noticeable difference after polishing it.

My2018.JPG

Lol, here's my 2018 Apex 50th XTX. I have a busy weekend ahead of me but one of the nice things about buying a new Apex after owning an RX-1 and 08 Apex all of these years, is that I know my way around these sleds all too well. One of the nice things about having it all apart like this is that it's a great time to polish up that tunnel; can't have my 08 which is all polished up to look better than the new one. I've only done the left side and even with the tunnel being new, there is a noticeable difference after polishing it.

View attachment 134196

What sled? LOL.. I know its crazy, I think I can work on my Apex with my eye closed until I slice my hand or smash my fingers..LOL

What do you think of the windshield? After doing this to my 40th Apex LTX and how good it turned out, I wanted to do it to my 50th. Just used white Plasti-Dip rubber coating spray on the backside of the windshield.

Windshield.JPG

What do you think of the windshield? After doing this to my 40th Apex LTX and how good it turned out, I wanted to do it to my 50th. Just used white Plasti-Dip rubber coating spray on the backside of the windshield.

View attachment 134197

Interesting.. have to see it on the sled.

Lol, well considering its current state, that may be a few days away.

Tom, I like how you mounted your air pump and want to do the same. It looks like you used the bolts that came with it but since there were no nuts, how did you fasten it to the frame. Also when drilling holes did you avoid that raised circle stamping or did you just drill thru it? By the looks of where you mounted yours, it looks like you butted it up the headlight mounting bracket or close to it and the hole on the pump bracket sits on this stamping.

Tom, I like how you mounted your air pump and want to do the same. It looks like you used the bolts that came with it but since there were no nuts, how did you fasten it to the frame. Also when drilling holes did you avoid that raised circle stamping or did you just drill thru it? By the looks of where you mounted yours, it looks like you butted it up the headlight mounting bracket or close to it and the hole on the pump bracket sits on this stamping.

Correct. I did push it to the light bracket. Just had it line up the best I could so the pump did not push on shock hoses and I was not overly concerned on the raise portions. I took screws to Ace Hardware and purchased some small nylock nuts.

Thanks that's what I suspected but thought I woukd check. Making progress on the re-assembly. Got the 7 tooth sprockets pressed off and swapped out with 8's and got the 1.25" track in sled and back half of chain case bolted up. It will be back to being a sled before too long and will snap pic of that windshield.

Thanks that's what I suspected but thought I woukd check. Making progress on the re-assembly. Got the 7 tooth sprockets pressed off and swapped out with 8's and got the 1.25" track in sled and back half of chain case bolted up. It will be back to being a sled before too long and will snap pic of that windshield.

Outstanding!! Can’t wait to see.

Back