• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My 2018 Apex 50th XTX

Other than adjusting the air pressure in the rear shock for my rider weight and loosening the pressure on the front shock springs to allow the a-arms to be more parallel, I haven't really ventured from the stock settings. What all did you change?

I did those same settings but I took and lowered the rebound setting to return faster for a lighter rider on the front shocks and the rear. I also changed the compression for a lighter rider as well. My fiance is really light.

That's cool that the 18s came with the updated shock in the skid. My original shock might as well been a 2x4. RobX1, yourwindsheild looks sweet white

Simply beautiful Mr Sled! Same reason I just picked up a 16 XTX. I really like the shiny white, haven't been a big fan of the matte
paint the last few years including the sled I just picked up. I hope you both enjoy it sir.

Thank you!! Let it snow and snow and snow :)

Mr Sled, what brand of bar riser did you put on that apex? I could use a little extra height on mine.

Trailhed1, where did you get that aux gas can?

RobX1, curious as to why you changed to 8 tooth drivers and the 1.25 track?

Mr. Sled. So how does that new apex handle with those front shocks? I read thru these post but didn't see anything mentioned so if I missed my appologies.

excellent. I liked the idea of that front shock so I was wondering how folks liked it. ;)! Would love to have been able to buy the last year of the Apex. Looks great in those colours and the extras you did really look good. Maybe i'll find a good used one next year in the meantime i'll keep enjoying the 2011.

By the way a Big Thanks ;)! for the TP spring I won from your contest from your site. :rocks: i will be signing up this week to become a lifer.

excellent. I liked the idea of that front shock so I was wondering how folks liked it. ;)! Would love to have been able to buy the last year of the Apex. Looks great in those colours and the extras you did really look good. Maybe i'll find a good used one next year in the meantime i'll keep enjoying the 2011.

By the way a Big Thanks ;)! for the TP spring I won from your contest from your site. :rocks: i will be signing up this week to become a lifer.

Thats awesome!! Again congrats on the win!!

RobX1, curious as to why you changed to 8 tooth drivers and the 1.25 track?

A majority of my riding is done on the trails and considering I'm from Ohio where we don't get a heck of lot of snow, at least not like we used to, I was worried the 1.75" Back Country track would be too much. There were even times between our Christmas and New Years trip up to the U.P. this year where I would have been worried running that deep of a lug on some of trails we rode. If Yamaha had offered 2018 Apex X-TX owners the same option as 2017 Apex X-TX owners, I would have purchased the XTX as opposed to the XTX 1.75. Unfortunately, my only options for 2018 was either a 129 x 15 x 1.25 or a 146 x 15 x 1.75 and after owning longer track sleds, I was not interested in the 129". So, while swapping out tracks, I thought I might as well as swap out drivers to gain back the top end that would have been lost by running the 7 tooth drivers. Although I did add ice scratchers and dupont slides, I still wanted to run the 1.25" track.

Trailhed1, where did you get that aux gas can?
It’s a Roto Pax, just 1 gallon but better than nothing.

A majority of my riding is done on the trails and considering I'm from Ohio where we don't get a heck of lot of snow, at least not like we used to, I was worried the 1.75" Back Country track would be too much. There were even times between our Christmas and New Years trip up to the U.P. this year where I would have been worried running that deep of a lug on some of trails we rode. If Yamaha had offered 2018 Apex X-TX owners the same option as 2017 Apex X-TX owners, I would have purchased the XTX as opposed to the XTX 1.75. Unfortunately, my only options for 2018 was either a 129 x 15 x 1.25 or a 146 x 15 x 1.75 and after owning longer track sleds, I was not interested in the 129". So, while swapping out tracks, I thought I might as well as swap out drivers to gain back the top end that would have been lost by running the 7 tooth drivers. Although I did add ice scratchers and dupont slides, I still wanted to run the 1.25" track.
I did the same swap on my 18 XTX for exactly the same reasons. No regrets.

Back