• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Phazer MTX Turbo Project Log

Honestly guys? I think I am just gonna sell it. Maybe at Hay Days or something.

I've just got too many projects going and something has to give.

I hate to even ask but if you decide to sell what do think you'll need out of it?

I hate to even ask but if you decide to sell what do think you'll need out of it?

:dunno:

I dont even know. I just made the mistake of pulling up my spreadsheet on how much I sunk into this thing. Why do I even make those! I paid 3300 for the sled IIRC and I dumped another 3,300+ into it before I stopped adding things up as it seems some things aren't on the sheet. I guess I'd be okay with 5, but I dont even know the market for these things, especially here in MN?

It kinda hurts to think about to be honest!

Ouch. Going to be tough to get your money back on that project. Not that we ever dive into a sled project expecting to make money... It's a nice looking sled and I know you have a ton of time into making it right. Did you ever get it running half way decent? Shim in it, pistons, or did you leave it stock compression? I suppose I could reread the thread but it seems easier to just ask

Yup, you're always gonna loose money on toys, but that's why they are toys and not investments! I didn't build her for a profit or to sell, it was to do it right and have fun while doing it, expecting it to be a long-term deal.

I did a lil digging after my last post. 5K seems a lil heavy compared to what the small sample size shows, but I'm talking about a whole extra engine, boxes and boxes of parts (head shims, oem gaskets, 3 clutches, plastics, spindles, skis, seat, bumper, radiator, oil can, both bulkheads, and on and on). I think I'll see if someone has space at haydays, toss 4500 on her, and see what happens.

She's still stock compression, and ran good at 8K elevation and up, after I spent too much time chasing leaks. Never did her her dyno tuned. Honestly, Thats whats kinda holding me back. I just dont have the time or energy with everything else to get it done. I tried emailing Ulmer about it, but its been like two weeks or so and he hasn't responded.

I just have too many unfinished projects that I have spent just as much attention to detail to, and now Im at that whole Napoleon stage. He who defends everything, defends nothing. I gotta let something go so I can focus the time and money on getting at least some of them done. Im out of room in my garage, in my attached garage, and in the 12x16 shed. This sled, and the parts that relate to it would clear up a lot of that.

Well I will miss seeing your build here for sure. One more year of kid riding my Phazer and my build starts on it. Going to be a bit more radical than what you did. You sure you want to get rid of it before I do mine?

We'll see what ends up happening. We got way too much snow here way to early and the frost and lakes are fubar. nearly every single trail around here relies on lakes and swaps, so there isnt any riding, which equals zero motivation to work on any of the sleds.

This coming weekend I plan on getting the sleds cleaned up and ready. I'm 90% sure I am just going to sell the phazer and all the spare parts/extra engine for somewhere in the 4K range, but who knows, maybe a rip around the yard on it will change my mind

Sorry to disappoint anyone looking for a revival of this thread/build.

The sled has moved to a new home. I broke my collarbone riding at the end of last season (requiring surgery with a plate & 7 screws) and my shoulder still doesn't seem right. Between not being sure if I'll even be able to ride at all this upcoming season, not really enjoying off trail as much as I thought I would, it was time to move on.

I had an absolute blast building this sled, and regret nothing!

Sorry to disappoint anyone looking for a revival of this thread/build.

The sled has moved to a new home. I broke my collarbone riding at the end of last season (requiring surgery with a plate & 7 screws) and my shoulder still doesn't seem right. Between not being sure if I'll even be able to ride at all this upcoming season, not really enjoying off trail as much as I thought I would, it was time to move on.

I had an absolute blast building this sled, and regret nothing!
We all sure enjoyed the build. Heal well buddy!

Back