• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mystik Full Synthetic Oil

it is made by citgo, just relabeled as mystik. do a google or yahoo search, comes up as citgo manufactured.

i am guessing sea and snow reformulated or just repacked for better marketing.

there are only so many oil companies in the world, everything is made in a few places and marketed under many many different names and formulas. ski

been running redline for a few seasons....but just found mobile 1 at walmart for 22 bucks a 5 quart jug....cant beat that.

im running 5w20

amsoil is good stuff too,run it in my harley.

Dan

I have looked at Amsoil, Yamalube, etc. Money is tight right now, and Mystik is only $4.99 at the local Fleet Farm per quart. It's made for powersports and I have seen that Mobil 1 does not contains zinc that the motors need.

I must confess i bought a quart of Mystik synthetic oil this fall and put it into the snowblower. I bet its great stuff.

But then I found out Hugo Chavez and his Venezuela state owned Citgo oil own and make Mystik. I about cried when i found that out as I hate that rat bastard down there!!!!!!!

Mike

ROCKERDAN said:
been running redline for a few seasons....but just found mobile 1 at walmart for 22 bucks a 5 quart jug....cant beat that.

im running 5w20

amsoil is good stuff too,run it in my harley.

Dan

Dan, is that conventional or synthetic?

I run Mystic HD in my big truck. It seems to hold better oil peasure as themilage gets up over 10000. It is about 39 bucks an oil change cheaper than Shell rotela non synthetic at local farm store. Maxdlx

AttakSnow2 said:
I have looked at Amsoil, Yamalube, etc. Money is tight right now, and Mystik is only $4.99 at the local Fleet Farm per quart. It's made for powersports and I have seen that Mobil 1 does not contains zinc that the motors need.

Attak is right here, Mobile1 no longer contains enough Zinc to properly protect the flat tappets in our engines. (As of the new API spec)
Diesel oils, Redline, Amsoil, and a few others do have enough zinc.
(I suspect Yamalube does also as they sell it for our sleds, but don't know as fact. Hondo may be able to fill us in on that one.)
(Have no idea about the Mystik oils.)

Hope this helps!

just because a oil says FULL SYNTHETIC on the label doesn't mean it is any good.

Here is a link to a study that AMSOIL published. Before some of you say it is all a publicity stunt, let it be known that it is a blind study performed by an independent lab, check out page 26 of the report. It covers about 32 or so motorcycle oils and it shows some of the differences between oils and their ability to perform.

I was most shocked at the results of LUCAS oil, I thought they were supposed to be good.

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2156.pdf

This information is straight from Al Amatuzio's mouth. He is the V.P of Amsoil and Told us this information. "All synthetic oils come from the same base stock. There is only one company that make the synthetic base product and everybody starts with the same thing, Mobil, Amsoil, Lucas, Blue Marble, It is all the same Base. but it is what the individual companies do with the additive packages. that makes the difference. They specially formulate oils for the proper application." consider the research, the developement, the testing, the knowledge of the staff, there is a lot involved with a top notch company.
Heck, I could buy 1000 gallons of synthetic Base and dump it in to gallon jugs and sell it, put some post on internet websites, defend my claims and have a bunch of it sold, close shop and dissapear before anyones motor ever blew up! "Sledd Oil" specially formulated for your 4-stroke engines lol....
Slowpokes link is an excellent read!

sleddheadd said:
This information is straight from Al Amatuzio's mouth. He is the V.P of Amsoil and Told us this information. "All synthetic oils come from the same base stock. There is only one company that make the synthetic base product and everybody starts with the same thing, Mobil, Amsoil, Lucas, Blue Marble, It is all the same Base. but it is what the individual companies do with the additive packages. that makes the difference. They specially formulate oils for the proper application." consider the research, the developement, the testing, the knowledge of the staff, there is a lot involved with a top notch company.
Heck, I could buy 1000 gallons of synthetic Base and dump it in to gallon jugs and sell it, put some post on internet websites, defend my claims and have a bunch of it sold, close shop and dissapear before anyones motor ever blew up! "Sledd Oil" specially formulated for your 4-stroke engines lol....
Slowpokes link is an excellent read!

Alan was my neighbor when I was a kid -- he's a few years older than me. Nice family. His dad Al (Senior) was in the Air Force and involved in developing synthetic oils for aircraft. The Air Force developed a lot of synthetic oils but never used it. When Al got out of the Air Force he started Amsoil with his brother Richard.

Now don't get me wrong and take this that I'm saying he just copied the Air Force recipe. Not at all. Big Al is a genius and is very picky/selective about his oils. He also hired the best chemists and engineers to keep developing the products. IMO they are the best oils you can buy. I run Amsoil in everything.

Around here, a lot of service stations offer Amsoil for a little extra for oil changes. I run Amsoil XL 7500 mile 5W30 in my Tundra, Interceptor in the Mnt Viper, and 0W40 in the Attak and my Kodiak and Bruin ATV's.

I guess my point to all is Alan is a real straight shooter and a heckuva guy.

Mike

Back