• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2004 rx warrior
Hello I have a 2004 rx worrior. it won't start when it's cold out. unless you put gas in the carbs though the air box. when it's warm it starts rite up anyone know what's wrong. thanks

I will tell you the previous owner of my Warrior had the valves adjusted because he was having similar symptoms. He had about 10k on it. Of course it'd be good to ensure the carbs are clean and the coils are working properly 1st.

also 0w30 oil helps it spin fast enough witch is a problem around here at -40. learned that one the hard way.

If it's been siting gas will flow back to tank, but shouldn't happen with daily usage.

Try pressurizing the fuel tank by blowing air into the vent tube (clutch side) and holding your thumb on it before cranking. If it starts quicker that way then you know that fuel is not getting to the carbs quick enough and you can start eliminating things from there.

Back