• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Needs a longer track

morrisond

Expert
It just looks weird. I'm thinking it would benefit from a 136(Using Exptensions) and maybe even a wide front end kit.

Does anyone make a wide front end kit for the Phazer? Are they the same A-arms?

You can always buy the MTX or just buy an after market 136 extend kit. It will cost the same as if Yamaha had the FX Nytro LTX version. Nice summer project.......

I'm shocked they didn't make a 136 available on the Phazer or the Nytro!
They have their heads up their butts for sure on this move!
I will not even think about buying one now!
136 or nothing for me!

BR

I'm thinking about the MTX, it looks great, but a lot of finagaling to make a trail sled out of it. New clutching, shocks, A-Arms, tunnel protectors, etc.

The Biggest obstacle is the track, it's an 153 with 3 ' pitch. I'm guessing I should be able to get an 151*1.25" ripsaw on without mods? However would probably want to put bigger drivers on as well.

Any thoughts?

Could you get a 151 in there without relocating the skid. I think it would be a great sled for both trail and off trail if you could get a 153 x 1.5" or even 1.75".

I take my mountain vector on the trails anyday I would definately take the mtx on the trail hands down. All you would need to do is drop the lug height. I personally like the narrow front.

There doesn't seem to be many track options with lower lug heights for a 153" track. I would snow check one if I could find a 153 x 1 3/4" track. HAs anyone seen one ?

well.... if i was ready for a new sled this year.....

i would buy the nytro rtx, add extensions to either 136 or even 144..... add an ice ripper or 1.5 track and wala.... dream sled.....

and probably less invested than next years nytro rtx lt........

We will have a 136" kit available for sure. If there is enough interest we will look into a 144" kit also.

I also would love to see a 136" version. I guess I'm just going to have to stretch it myself.

However, I'm still surprised to see how many people in this sport still see a 136" track as something that is used for boondocking and trail cruising only.

I think a longtrack can be much more of a high performance trail sled than people think! I've had a few longtracks now, and I usually put all the best mogul bashing stuff on them and they absolutely rock on trails! I personally would take a 136" for mogul running, or high speed trail riding over a 121" anyday. .... I consider being able to boondock is a bonus.

I think they should offer at least a 136, if not a 144 also. I talked to a Yamaha rep 1 time that told me, Yamaha belived that that us consumers didn't need any longer track than a 121 for trails. I think Yamaha needs to listen to their customers.

Back