• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Apex Motor

I have two of the 180hp, 1.8ltr versions of this 1.9ltr motor. They are huge marine engines compared to our Apex'. It's a great upgrade in the lineup for sure.

We will see if Yamaha offers it in a supercharged version next fall, like they did with the 1.8.

Nice engines, but the Nytro 1049 still had more HP per CC.
I had always hoped they would've bumped the Apex up to the same displacement they had back then of 1.05L(in watercraft
My neighbor has a 2007 Yamaha twin engine boat with those 1.05L 4 cylinder engines that were about 160-165HP.
But it wasn't to be....

Nice engines, but the Nytro 1049 still had more HP per CC.
I had always hoped they would've bumped the Apex up to the same displacement they had back then of 1.05L(in watercraft
My neighbor has a 2007 Yamaha twin engine boat with those 1.05L 4 cylinder engines that were about 160-165HP.
But it wasn't to be....
I wish I knew what the torque numbers were, but that is what we are getting with this bigger displacement. Those twin 1.8's in my boat are pushing a 4000lb boat/fuel/gear and 10 people up to 50mph. It would be a sick engine in a SXS for sure. Sort of like what Polaris has done with the 4 cylinder Pro R.

Back