• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New cats, WOW They hit it out of the park

That is very true. Their sleds perform and that is more rewarding to most people than having a sled that looks well made and finished. Cat puts a lot more emphasis on performance than fit and finish.

Had a buddy at Haydays and the vendors had the new cats made available last year before the public release and he said the fit and finish was better then expected EXCEPT on the white cats, the paint is flaking off after the year around the twist clips on the panels and where your legs ride against the gas tank. One he said looked really bad and was surprised it was on 'display'.

Other then that they look awesome. I will sit back and wait for issues to come up if any. Gotta love my apex it will out last the reviews on new sleds for the next 5 years LOL

kinger said:
Had a buddy at Haydays and the vendors had the new cats made available last year before the public release and he said the fit and finish was better then expected EXCEPT on the white cats, the paint is flaking off after the year around the twist clips on the panels and where your legs ride against the gas tank. One he said looked really bad and was surprised it was on 'display'.

Other then that they look awesome. I will sit back and wait for issues to come up if any. Gotta love my apex it will out last the reviews on new sleds for the next 5 years LOL

Plus the white ones are pretty decent looking in the mags, too bad for my buddy lol

I personally like everything but those A-arms. Man they are ugly. Sticking with my Nytro!

The a-arms might look weird but the design has been proven on the track since '08. There was nothing wrong with the handling of the '11 Sno-Pro I rode last spring. They have that front end dialed in and it is light years ahead of the Nytro design.

i dont like the front end at all...yamaha all the way!!!!

I will hold my tongue till I get it on the snow, I will say that I have talked to many die hard Yami guys that are ready to switch if everything goes well this year. I know I can't wait for my sled to show up, can you say 260hp on pump gas for less then 2k!!!!! I liked my Nytro but it took ALLOT of work..... And it was still vanilla at best. Sorry yamaha, but, WAKE UP!

I sat on a new cat 800 last week and thought it pretty nice. But I sat on one today for a little longer and noticed there's not much knee space when riding forward on the seat. Kneepads a must, I think. Other than that, the best fit and finish on a cat in years, not saying much there though.

mike3577 said:
i dont like the front end at all...yamaha all the way!!!!

It's so amusing to see posts like this. You don't like the cat because it looks different?? Never mind the fact that it is head and shoulders better then any a arm sled for flat corning on the market. I onwned not one but 2 rtxse's and I sold the second one because it flat out didn't corner.

Ive been a loyal yamaha owner since 1997. I've owned 3 srx's 3 vipers 1 sx500 1 rx1 1 vector ltxgt 1 2 nytro rtxse's and one 2011 apex. I loved every sled. But one thing I became was color blind. After seeing what cat had to offer I just couldn't pass up a chance to own one. Yamaha builds nice sleds and my wife will be on a 2012 venture gt. Maybe some day yamaha will win me back. For now I'll be on a cat

Gotta say I was quite impressed with the Cat F 1100 in the white & orange when I first saw pictures, however after attending the Big East Power Sports Show in Syracuse NY yesterday, I left quite a bit less enthused. Saw one displayed which had been on a demo ride and must say it looked "cheaply made". Fit and finish was horrendous and nothing I could feel proud about putting my name on. Very jagged edges that looked like they were trimmed by hand with a hacksaw. Exposed, randomly spaced staples attaching the seat cover only added to the "cheap" effect. The white paint was chipped and flaking in several areas which quite frankly, with prices just shy of 14K in my opinion is unacceptable. Granted, I've not ridden one and I'm sure the Suzuki engine is reliable, but I can only imagine how poor this sled will hold up cosmetically after a season. Time will tell.

I swore id never own a cat but.... I cant wait for the 2012 1100Turbo LXR all black to get here,just found a deal yesterday. I like how few parts there are in the steering to wear out. Mostly its becasue of the 3.0 pitch track(2.87 is much more traction than 2.52 on snow) and I cant argue with a factory turbo makes 260+ hp on 91 octane with a few bolt on parts.

Still keeping my 07 attak and I might have to tape the sweet sound of the 4cylinder so I can play it over the headphones :)

They are going to be awesome sleds. Regardless of what the brand blind people think. I rode doo for years, tried yamaha both an apex and nytro, even a Rush. You will miss out on so much good stuff if you don't take the blinders off and move forward. Sure there are a few people still loving yamaha but honestly do they not look and wonder?

I look at everything and appreciate anything performance related with Cat being my second choice however fit and finish is big to me as I like my stuff to look good. At this point nothing comes close to Yamaha in fit and finish and with the blinder's off I don't know how any one could not see the difference. Not only that but the Cat four stroke is still a twin and sounds gay.

Back