• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Ecu flash for Yamaha Viper/Arctic cats 7000 w/POLL

Your experience with the December 2018 Viper ecu update

• Total voters
Seems like this new flash they created now is affecting hot starts.
They go to one extreme to the other.
Can’t believe they can’t find a balance with there tuning. After 5yrs it’s its not funny anymore, ITS SAD!!!!

The general consensus at least in Quebec where I was on my trip this past New Years was leave them home, they don’t start for #*$&@.

Maybe i wont remove that UCAP just yet......

Maybe I should just get an aftermarket flash from EVO and be done! No more OEM flashes, just one professionally done that works!!
I loved my evo flash before I went to turbo, started on first try every time and started super quick, the added power was a bonus.

Boy... My first new to me 2016 LTX-LE this year has got me a little nervous . Just had the last flash done too. Will not judge it yet though.

I loved my evo flash before I went to turbo, started on first try every time and started super quick, the added power was a bonus.
A Yamaha super store In Fort Kent Maine said the exact same thing back in 2016. Still kicking myself that I didn’t pull the trigger then.

I had mine done today and was only able to test it on the trailer. It definitely starts better. Tried 5 or 6 times and it started first try each time. It also seems like it revs up way nicer now. I guess faster and cleaner would be a good way to describe it. Before mine would sometimes hesitate or even die out if you revved it too quick. As far as AFR goes I have an exhaust and airbox mod and I removed my pcv and I was running 14.4 afr vs 14.5-14.6 with the old flash so there shouldn't be any worries about leaning it out.

Newbie here.... enjoy reading the posts but now feel the need to post.
I previously had the 2 start issue/flash.
I had the new flash done last week and has started better in the garage. Trailered today to the snow and started and ran great. After our stop for lunch it would not fire.... tried 3 times and it was like it was not getting fuel. Buddy on the last crank touched the throttle and it fired. Throughout the afternoon I had the try and fire spit and even a backfire! It would finally just start? Trailer home and go to start to unload, again it spins but does not even try to fire. Get it in shop and on battery tender, went back 1.5 hrs later and it started first crank? Let it heat up, shut it off and try it again and it only spits? My brother has identical sled, flashed at the same time and his fires on first try usually?
This morning it fired when I tried, let it get warm and it fired again - I was smiling....... then this afternoon I fired it up and let it get warm only to have it not start on retry. While cranking it I gave it some throttle and bang it fired !!! I spoke to my cat tech this morning and he called AC to see if they had any info - they said to check temp sensor and throttle position. All are good from what I can tell as the shop is 7 and temp reads 8 when I turn in dash. Throttle has play and I can hear the click when I gently touch it.

So maybe MtCoolers issues I saw were the flash and not the tether. Man this pisses me off! Well I go in tomorrow for it.

Not to hijack the thread, but what is involved in the EVO flash. Is it available in Canada, how much, and from whom?

Had flash done on Saturday. I personally don’t have any kms on this sled yet. 23000kms from pervious owner on the original 14 flash. With the new flash what I have noticed is the motor cranking faster. And starting with the motor at operating temp was two attempts. First attempt it sputtered and stalled right away. Let off the key, second attempt crank and it fired right up. Idle is difently smoother and more crisp. This is all just in the garage though. My bro also had the flash done on his 16 viper on the weekend. He’s headed to Quebec for a week ride I will report back if he has any issues.

Not to hijack the thread, but what is involved in the EVO flash. Is it available in Canada, how much, and from whom?

U.S company with history in performance car ECU flashes and now have a Powersports division. Solid performance flashes. I have my side by side done with them and zero issues. I’m sure sled is great too. Check out the link. Should be on vendor list too on this site

https://evopowersports.com/

Back