• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New member looking for info

Reid stanley

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 viper ltx le
Hi everyone, I have been reading these forums for years and finally decided to join. I have a 2016 artic cat snow pro 7000 and my wife has a 2016 viper ltx. My first task for the winter is to set up my cat to run a few drag races against my buddies 2018 etec 600r. I’m going to take my transfer blocks out, but what would be my best mods to have the est chance of beating this guy for bragging rights? I have $500 to $800 to spend. I may start with the air box mod as I liked it on my 2014 viper I had. The support on this forum is great, it’s hard to get any info on my team clutch and weather it’s any good stock performance wise. Thanks

Get a can,airbox mod and clutch tuning. 9100rpm and wave good by to that 600,,,,,As long as he is stock.Welcome here!

Hi cannondale, thanks for the reply. I enjoy reading all your post on this site. Do you have any experience with the team clutch? I had a clutch kit on my 14 viper, but there’s not much info on the team clutch with this motor. What can would you recommend?

Hi cannondale, thanks for the reply. I enjoy reading all your post on this site. Do you have any experience with the team clutch? I had a clutch kit on my 14 viper, but there’s not much info on the team clutch with this motor. What can would you recommend?
A little. Buddy has 16 800. I believe with a can you should still be right at 9100. With Stingray Airbox mod and can you will over rev and that will cost you a race. Just get next heavier stock weights for Primary. Glad you enjoy my posts. Its a Team effort here. We all try to help each other be the best and the 7000's are included. If you can swing it I really liked the Evo Magnum Trail can. Performance on all the cans is pretty close. But the Evo was the quietest for me. Just dont buy their header if you decide to go further.

I read a lot of old post and couldn’t find a definite answer if I could do the airbox mod and run a can without needing a fuel controller? I bought the cat used only because it was a steal of a deal. I tried it on a hard pack road and it hit 101 mph fairly quickly. I wish I would of checked the rpms now.

I read a lot of old post and couldn’t find a definite answer if I could do the airbox mod and run a can without needing a fuel controller? I bought the cat used only because it was a steal of a deal. I tried it on a hard pack road and it hit 101 mph fairly quickly. I wish I would of checked the rpms now.
Nobody will answer that since there might be a lean spot somewhere on your sled with both. No way to know short of adding a AFR guage. That said many are running without a tuner and those two mods. What do you want to do win or be safe? Its YOUR choice when modding.

Any experience with GGB trail can, mbrp trail or hindle? There’s a few available in my area

MBRP is reasonably quiet and makes power but make sure its the reinforced one since the others fall apart and burn sidepanels. Would not warranty my Buddies either.

I think im going to try the ggb trail can and see where that gets my rpm wise.

You should be fine. I have a can and airbox mod and an afr gauge. Without a programmer my sled runs consistently around 14.5 afr. I had a programmer on mine but I think the mapping was a root of my low rpm issues so I unplugged it and am running the stock map, which I've been told is the best for all around performance and after testing it out I'd have to agree.

Back