• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new polaris suspension

no 4 stroke yet but taking a chance with technology on a suspension so I give them credit for that blew away the cat catylist .

Raise the price they might make money, sell at reasonable price sell way more.

Our local polaris dealers have a ton of inventory. Boost, 9r, 850, Dynamix, VR1, XCR, and Assault models only available as spring order sleds at premium prices was probably the correct choice.

Last edited:
Raise the price they might make money, sell at reasonable price sell way morehere
here in ontario , the market on new non current models and used sleds r dropping in price fast , not sure why anyone would want to snow check .

Did they not say the same about Doo's smart shocks? Turns out it's not that great, and in fact kinda problematic for Doo.

Polaris build a turbo four-stroke yet???
Well, technically Mike i had an 07' Polaris FST and that was a 4 stroke Turbo. It was a touring machine and weighed i bet close to 900 pounds. It did go pretty good for such a heavy sled, but this was compared to my Attak and Phazer i had at the time.

On a side note, i always hoped Yamaha would put more power in the Phazer. It really never did anything exceptional, but i just found it to be a fun machine.

The feedback I have seen on smart shocks has been good now that it is properly flashed. John at Accelerated Tech also has a custom flash for the SS setup that improves the one area of negative feedback which is that the firm was too firm.

Its interesting that Polaris is pushing the 'IMU' branding, its a bit like calling the main processor in an ECU, the CPU. Its a generic term and IMUs are used everywhere. The article on sledmagazine.com says the suspension is semi-active (doo is as well) which in reality should be semi-adaptive.

Active suspension changes pre-load (ride height), adaptive suspensions only change damping. Because both the doo and polaris use reactive control loops (can only make an adjustment *after* an initial change in inputs, e.g. a bump) it is a semi-adpative suspension. you can have a fully adptive suspension that could read the road ahead and increase or decrease damping before the vehicle reaches that spot. The quick math says that even at speed the polaris suspension should able to react reasonably at up to about ~100MPH. Since the entire system is speed sensitive, this probably limits the rate of change in damping based on vehicle speed so the system probably becomes less dynamic as velocity increases. Thats the safe approach although it won't always be the most comfortable one (cruising at high speed then hitting a single bump will have the suspension over reacting). Good for Polaris to bring this to sleds, it won't be for everyone because of the increased complexity but for the vast majority of riders it will be seen as an improvement.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who at first look at the Polaris new shocks pronounced it "Dyna-mix"?
I thought " What kind of name is that?" Sounded like a dog food.

Back