• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Rear shock for 2007 Yamaha Attak

To each his own. I hated the float... when I would finally get the thing to ride good it would bottom. If you like it firm and not have a plush ride in the stutters, go for it.

Thanks for that info. The guys at Pat's were kind of mentioning that setup to me when my Ohlin solenoid valve went bad last month. They suggested that as a choice to convert my Attak GT to that setup being they had them on hand. I chose not to and had the SV replaced and the shock gas/oil and seals replaced. I am glad I went that way now. I like having the adjustment on the handlebar switch anyways and the hand pump did not sound like a convenient thing to deal with. Especially when snow and ice build up in the skid.

I am giving thoughts to a M-20 suspension. My sled is paid for, free and clear, I love to ride, but I have had 2 disc removed from my back, I am 45 years old, I weigh 210lbs, and the bumps are starting to hurt more. I love the 2007 Attak that I own, the power and reliability is great. I figured I would spend a little more money in a suspension upgrade to handle all the bumps on the trail to save my back. Is it worth the money to go this extreme, or just get the monoshock reworked? Thanks again.

I have an 04 warrior with m-20 and 07 attack gt with Hygear revalve and twin spring. The 07 is night and day different than stock but no comparison to the m-20. I didn't do the air compressor the first year but I installed it the second year. It is so nice to change pressure when riding. When it gets really rough you will just smile while going down the trail.

I ran into a guy also in Michigan this year that had the M-20 in a 2007 Attak. He said it was like a magic carpet ride. It does slow the top end down somewhat but most people say it was worth it.

Yes I installed the m20 myself . It is not hard to install suspension. You can do a search Mrsled had a really nice build a few years ago he installed an airwave in a boosted apex. I believe it is under his build. I just don't care for fasts new air pump setup. They mount the pump on the running board to make it easy. I mounted mine between the brake caliper and the oil tank.

Back