• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to me 2010 Mono 136 skid, couple of questions

Bradford

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
06 RS Nytro
I've installed a 136 mono out of a 2010 Apex into my 2006 RS-Nytro and have a couple of questions that someone out there might be able to answer for me:

1. How can I tell if I have a mono or mono 2? It has the rail mounted adjusters and no cross-shaft for the upper wheels to accommodate the straight outer tubes on the rear swing arm. It also has needle bearings where the front swing arms connect to the rails instead of grease fittings, 2-bolt mounts for the wheels and the 25mm hollow rear axle. Is this the same skid that came in the 2010 Vector GT-LX with the mono 2? What has me confused is I thought that the 2010 Vector came with the mono2 but the 2010 Apex came with the standard mono.

2. Regarding the bump stops, I tested the movement of the skid in the tunnel without the track and shock installed. From what I can tell, this skid cannot bottom out on all four rail mounted bump stops at the same time with the shock installed. It looks like it can bottom out on the front stops and the shock stop or the rear stops and shock stop but not the front and back rail stops at the same time . With the shock removed, by the time the skid bottoms out on all four rail stops, the rear wheels are almost hitting the underside of my tunnel extension. Does this seem right?

3. The previous owner had installed a set of marginal snow wheels ahead of the front factory wheels on the inside of the rails. Of course the front swing arm beat the crap out of the wheels and managed to crack the rail just ahead of the factory wheel which you can see in the pic as viewed on the inside of the rail. Should I worry about it? I don't think that there is any real stress at this location
Crack.jpg
Skid.jpg

Didn't the addition of a front limiter strap occur when the Mono 2 was introduced?

That is a Mono 2, looks like it has the big rear axle and the adjusters are on the side of the rail instead of out the back! I'am quite sure the Vector came with 2 in 10, Apex in 11? Maybe the Apex was 10 as well?

Last edited:
I'm starting to think that the guy that sold it to me had the wrong information. It must have come out of a 2010 or newer Vector or 2011 or newer Apex. I'm hoping that it rides a little better than the Proaction CK that it replaced!

I just checked and the 2010 apex had the adjusters like yours so the mono 2 probably did come out in 2010...

For trail riding it will ride way better, just take the time and play with the adjustments, they make a huge difference in the way the sled handles, limiter strap and transfer rod,

Some like a lot of weight transfer to get good hole shots but by doing this you are killing the rear suspension travel, I had mine set up for more to handle the bumps than lifting the skis out of the hole, if u r a trail rider start with transfer to minimum ur steeting will b hard to turn but you will have full travel on the rear, slowly turn the transfer towards max by a few marks at a time in till u like the steering of ur sled n u should b close to a good riding rear suspension that's if ur shock is tuned to ur weight n so on...

Which shock do you have?

Last edited:
Well that's a nice bonus! So long as I have it installed right, I should be good to go

Which shock do you have?

It has a coil-over and came with the tunnel adjuster if that tells you anything. I didn't install the tunnel adjuster after reading about all the broken cables... and it came with a broken cable. I flipped the shock over and now I can adjust it with a #1 robertson screwdriver

Look into Travis' Barn of Parts rail stiffener kit.

My 06 Attak has the mono and that is different. As already mentioned, the larger rear axle and track tension adjustment indicate a mono 2 and it did come out in 2010. It looks nice in there Bradford! What part of NB are you from?

My 06 Attak has the mono and that is different. As already mentioned, the larger rear axle and track tension adjustment indicate a mono 2 and it did come out in 2010. It looks nice in there Bradford! What part of NB are you from?

Just north of Moncton

If you look closely at the track adjuster, it's an aftermarket one that came with the 4" TracksUSA extensions but you can also see the holes where the original adjusters mounted which were also mounted on the rails

Back