• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to phazer/yamaha

slimjim2525

Lifetime Member
Hello all. I just picked up an 07 phazer with 430 miles on it. It's actually for the wife. I have been doing some reading here but have a copule questions. Are people closing both the front and rear tunnel or just the rear. Also I did the oil change today. It was actually pretty straight forward, but noticed my motor drain bolt was a hex bolt and not a regular bolt. Is everyone elses like that? It stumped me a little.

The drain plugs are all like that !!! and they are tighter than a bastard. Personnaly I only closed the back hole. Worked perfect. Congrats and welcome to the Phizer crew !!!

i only closed the rear hole, excell motorsports makes a nice piece to close it, i think it is like $69 and come with rivits and a sticker, lol... next time you do an oil change pick up a k&n oil filter the part # is kn147.. the filter has a nut welded to the end cap makes it nice and easy to get off... have your local yamaha dealer run the vin # on the phazer to make sure all the updates have been done.. enjoy!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info. I looked at three auto stores to see if they could get me the k&n 147 but they did not have it in their system. I ended up getting the yamaha filter and bought the yamaha filter cap for 5.00 bucks. That worked fine. I guess I will just close off the rear hole. I was just messing with the parking brake and now it just sits straight up like the cable is broken, any suggestions. It does have the extended warranty through the YES. This was purchased by the previous owner.

should be covered, i know the warranty is transferable.. as long as it was not broken by horseing on it... where do you live bro????

YES was the best money spent on the 07 FX when I ordered mine in 06. They gave us all 3 years free, but I think the upgrade to 5 years was only $250 or so!

I don't care how much people cried about issues with the 07, Yamaha went out of their way to take care of us guinea pigs. I feel for those that didn't take them up on the 5-year YES.

Take that bad boy in to the dealer if you have YES and have them run the gammut. The more they find, the more they get reimbursed from Yamaha. From what I hear, it isn't much if they only have little things. They would rather find a number of items to take care of.

Also keep in mind, they will not repair/replace items that are "prone to fail" based on what you read on the internet. It either has to fail, or their has to be a documented recall or service bulletin. They can determine all that from your VIN. Also, get a good relationship going with your Yamaha dealer and service manager. All rules have been bent a bit by a good relationship. Everyone is in business for a reason.

Have fun and welcome to the sickness!

Yep, that's it....
I just got mine over the summer and it has the 5 year YES till 2012. Cool, never had a sled W/ warranty (used one @ that)!
Excell's said Yamaha's fixed the "W" bracket problem but if it's not broke or falling off then your stuck with it- like $68 bucks for the updated version (and yes, mine's original crap metal) :o| 2100 miles on it but gonna replace it before I have a problem with it on the trail.
They ran my VIN #, did the YES warranty switch then gave me a print out of the stuff done to it. Really simple ;)!

droping the oil is easier than geting to the filter. first time for me took a while and I was flabergasted with why I had to disassemble so much. your wife might like the sled. The first couple years I rode mine everyone I met was riding there "wifes" sled. they loved them. some said they liked running them as much or more than there Own. I love mine. good luck, happy trails.

Changing the filter wasn't too bad. Just take off the windshield, the headlight, and the air box. Took five minutes getting to it. I only got held up once when I was looking for a regular bolt to drain the motor and it was an allen bolt.

Back