• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New top gear & Drive axle on 2022 sidewinders

I'm meeting with my machinist today to go over my next big idea regarding this drive shaft issue. Been really wanting a fix that will work on a worn shaft and I pretty confident I can do it. If you are not in a rush to fix your cat I could possibly send you some prototype parts once I have some made up.
Absolutely. Not sure if I will be keeping it(CAT), but I would do that for sure..
Interested either way what you come up with.. Thanks

Hello Guys,
Dave from DMC,
Thank you for all of the positive feed back.
We have a our DMC HD gears and Brass shift fork pads in stock. We are are also working a Germany OEM to provide our exclusive HD chain case chains.

Attachments

• IMG_1557.jpg
    IMG_1557.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Top gear and pads.jpg
    Top gear and pads.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 46
Hello Guys,
Dave from DMC,
Thank you for all of the positive feed back.
We have a our DMC HD gears and Brass shift fork pads in stock. We are are also working a Germany OEM to provide our exclusive HD chain case chains.
That'd be great. Hope you can have it more affordable than Cat.
Holy, I think Cat parts are very expensive lately.

I don't like the inches of slop in the reverse chain either. IMO, that chain needs a small tensioner or it needs to stretch less than it does (need a HD chain). I'm just waiting for a time when it skips because it's so loose, and then takes out the chain case or something.

So stock 21 tooth gear is on back order and who knows for how long (sled still under warranty)
If I have to buy an aftermarket gear is there any advantage going with 22 tooth?
Sled is not tuned, just clutched.

Pretty sure I have 1-2 of those. One is brand new I believe. Shipping might be long and pricey? PM me if you are interested

So stock 21 tooth gear is on back order and who knows for how long (sled still under warranty)
If I have to buy an aftermarket gear is there any advantage going with 22 tooth?
Sled is not tuned, just clutched.
I'm in Ottawa and have one brand new from my '22.

22t difference in gearing is 4-5 Mph top end on sled if on hard pack or ice . Bottom end is a little slower if stock . Positive is the chain has less deflection and has less chances of hitting inner post if chain adjuster is loose with the 22t . But if you do your maintenance the 21 is perfectly fine .

Last edited:
Bushing needs replaced, probably the easiest fix , is get a bushing from provost in north bay if u don’t want to buy a new gear

Lol
Likely not today
Need to decide if aftermarket is the way to go

Yes get a better bushing, it will happen if you leave it. You don’t need the shift fork pads . Just spot weld or lock tight the chain adjuster while you are in there

But I have the super duty upgraded in 2022 gear for him. The new bushing is even a blueish colour. Can't get that with aftermarket. lol

Back