• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new track install = vibration

I just installed a new 32 Talon pre studded 1.25 on my 2010 vector gt and there is a vibration felt through running boards at mid speed but goes away at higher speed. All bearings are good or new, new slides, all bogie wheels are good with new bearings, clutches were dealer serviced before this track swap and there was no vibration then, belt only has few hundred km and was fine before swap. I put 20km on new track, do the bends from storage/shipping take time to work them selves out, will they cause vibration. Also on deceleration it feels like something is rubbing, track is pretty loose, ( when in the air I can pull track down 2+") would too loose cause rubbing on front heat exchanger protectors while engine braking? I disconnected transfer rod to reinstall skid, is there any chance something got flipped around and is not right in skid? what else can I check? Thanks

Is track straight 2" is okay but a bit loose for my liking. There can be a break in period. Look for scratches under sled from studs. If you have a new belt try it to file out the easy chance that you may have damage it somehow. Not much chance you put it together wrong and it fits. Is chain adjusted correctly? Is the bearing okay behind the speed sensor?

Sent from my XT1564 using Tapatalk

it takes a little time to get the track broke in/loosened up and then readjust. yes too loose would cause some rubbing. when you have it in the air take the belt off and try to move track back and forth by hand to see if it's catching somewhere. if it catches you should feel it. you sure it's lined up correctly with the inside drivers at the front of the track?

evenly adusted side to side. I just noticed a lot of wear on front of skid where new slides meet plastic nose. track is looser than I though 3"sag when I pull down in middle. track must have be rolling up in between driver and front of skid. I will tighten track but should I also raise limiting strap. also just noticed I might have cut slides to long, they extend past rail by about an inch. should the be flush with aluminum rail, track is clicking on them now

Last edited:
3" of sag is too much. Shorten the slides.
I had a vibration after a track change once. Turned out I put the belt on backwards.:o|

A loose track will cause vibration...a new track should be installed tighter than spec as the new track will stretch.

Another possibility is that the idler wheels may not be installed correctly, in particular the rear axle idler(s) between the rails. If the Dealer installed them in reverse, they may not be centered between the nubs of the track. An improperly placed or missing washer can compound the issue too.

Back