• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Used RS Venture Help

rcrboy

Country
USA
Snowmobile
RS Vector Mountain SE
I need some advice on a 2008 RS Venture with 260 miles that I purchased. Should I change the oil and filter even though the engine is not broke in yet? And the clutch area has a awful rattle at idle. I can manually rotate the primary clutch a very slight amount and hear a clunking noise. Also the secondary seems to have an awful lot of endplay. Any thoughts?

Knowing the first oil service for a break-in engine was recommended at the 500mi and you only have 240 miles to go and knowing it has been stored this long, I would change oil/filter now and count that as my first service interval.

I suspect the clutch rattle is might possibly be the reduction gear but would remove primary cap/cover to inspect weights/rollers/pins but with that low of mileage and if this is your first Yamaha 4-stroke, I'd lean towards the clutch rattle being normal. And if this is your first 4-stroke, just be careful to NOT turn the primary clutch backwards when doing clutch work/changing belts; only rotate the primary in the normal direction.

As for the secondary, Yamaha uses a floating secondary so it will have play side-to-side.

The 3 cylinder clutches are definitely known to rattle. Almost sound like a diesel when idling. Most likely yours is normal.

The clutch rattle is normal for the stock clutch. I got so annoyed with mine that I bought a CVTech powerblock80 which has zero chatter.

Clutches rattle and end play is normal. Change the oil.

Back