• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new viper I am feel a slight pulse at my feet(rtx se)

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Hey guys I have 250kms on my 2014 viper rtx se and it seem to have a slight pulse at my feet(kinda like a tire out of balance on a car) I looked over the drive line, suspension, idler wheel and everything seem okay!
Anyone experience this? Could this be the brake pad and rotor breaking in or track vibration? I haven't check the chain tension yet that will be my next check.
Any thoughts??

I noticed a vibration when mine was brand new but I don't notice that anymore. Not sure why but maybe it was a break in thing? I would notice it most in my feet at lower speeds mostly. At the time I just figured that's how a AC feels but it's gone.

Last edited:
As a side note, if you notice vibration only on hard braking look at the plastic snubbers on the end of the rails and see if there are wear marks higher than the belt. And if so put on anti stab wheels ASAP.

Take a look at your drivers and see if the guild clips have been wearing your drivers, I have seen a lot of the vipers have wore drivers and on the top of the front "h" arm were under extreme compression they rub the paint off and hit

Thanks a million for you thoughts!!!!!! I put the new belt on but haven't got a chance to try it!(in the middle of studding my track)
I will hopefully finish tomorrow night and try it out and see if the pulsing is gone! I did check the drivers and the plastic end on the rails and they look perfect

thanks again
Marc

I just finished studding the trackLaLaLa4 hrs of misery...lol I have a new belt on I';ll see if the vib is gone in the am:yam:

Update: I changed the belt and the pulsing is gone!! I looked at the original belt and checked it with a vernier can't visually see any defects(no flat spots) :dunno: This is strange because I haven't hammered the throttle and been keeping it under 6000 rpm (break in)

Back