• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Viper

theCATman

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha
Thinking about possibly getting a new Viper (2023)

A few questions. What are, if any, major improvements made on them? Such as, has the chaincase/upper gear issues been resolved?

Lower driveshaft bearing that slips, anything new there??

Anything else?

Thinking about possibly getting a new Viper (2023)

A few questions. What are, if any, major improvements made on them? Such as, has the chaincase/upper gear issues been resolved?

Lower driveshaft bearing that slips, anything new there??

Anything else?
Just body panels

Damn.... I guess that answers that. :/

It would also have the updated switches on the bars, newer spindles and A-arms, longer front suspension arm, updated rollover valve, fuel hose without filter, Stryke ski’s with offset carbides, new starter relay.

As you can see, there certainly are a list of updates and improvements, but none of them are terribly significant over the years of the Viper. Now if they made one with EPS, that would be a different story.

Supposedly the upper gear bushing in Winders is a new one. Better? TBD. Would think Viper would get same.

Thanks for the info guys.

I'm realizing I should get into a more comfortable seating position sled (currently Apex's and Vectors) but it's irritating to know that for $15k+++ there are issues that have never been addressed from the factory. Why spend that kinda money only to spend even more on aftermarket fixes... it's BS.

I guess I have some serious considerations to ponder on.

Seat Concepts kits and a pivoting bar riser will get you pretty close to newer style ergos for a lot less money and a lot fewer headaches….

Back