• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

upper bearing confusement....

yami1

Extreme
Good day all. Havent been here in awhile. 14 viper and been reading about these chaincase issues. i ordered bushing for top gear. But thinking i may replace wobble bearing while im in there. just throughly confused on what one to go with. Iv seen FAG bearing SKF or just get a stock yamaha one?? What have others done and how it hold up.
Im not really wanting to get into this whole 17 winder shaft update stuff so just curious if others have just updated the bearing and the results. thanks guys.

If not changing shaft just look at the bearing carefully with flashlight. Look for broken cage. If none is seen run it. Your odds of failure go up if you take it out and put same thing back in especially without proper tools. Either commit to the fully updated 17+ shaft or leave it if not broken.

So the FAG or SKF are really no better?
Nope. Over tourquing and debris cause failures. My stock Wobble lasted 11000mi and was still perfect when removed. This is a case of if you don’t want to upgrade everything to 17 plus you are better off not messing with it at all.

Back