• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New XTX Se???

It's a fun sled on trail, it's an unbelievable sled off trail!
Now go buy a pair of em! Lol

Helped someone that FB messaged me a couple days ago and his complaint was it felt like the sled had 0 carbide what so ever and won't turn for nothing. He asked what my setup was and I told him.

The text I woke up to this morning was "Thing is handling like a dream...Thanks a bunch! Now to get Nytro belt on it and some more top end"

My setup last year rocked with stock skis and stock carbides. I started a thread that is "My XTX setup ride and review" Check it out :)

http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/my-xtx-setup-ride-and-review.125022/

^^^
The set up notes are great that Nos-Pro & many others have shared! When dialing in your sled, use these notes! Use them as a starting point, not the end goal. These guys have put in a ton of time to get 'their' sleds dialed in the way 'they' want them. You might want your sled set up 'slightly' different because of your: size, age, weight, riding style, & the mods you have added. Part of the fun of owning a high performance sled is tuning them in to your riding style, & to the conditions that you ride in! Have fun with the process! And thanks again to Everyone sharing their setup notes & the process they went through to get there!
Zamp

^^^
The set up notes are great that Nos-Pro & many others have shared! When dialing in your sled, use these notes! Use them as a starting point, not the end goal. These guys have put in a ton of time to get 'their' sleds dialed in the way 'they' want them. You might want your sled set up 'slightly' different because of your: size, age, weight, riding style, & the mods you have added. Part of the fun of owning a high performance sled is tuning them in to your riding style, & to the conditions that you ride in! Have fun with the process! And thanks again to Everyone sharing their setup notes & the process they went through to get there!
Zamp

Right on Zamp! ;)!

So my last question is going to be are thses shocks nitrogen or air, if they are air can a guy run nitrogen in them, if they are nitorgen are people purchasing a tank and bringing it with on trips to do adjustments?

My sled ROCKS and it's totally stock. It handles way better than my Nytro and as I'm just finishing the break-in period I can see a big improvement with the engine as it finds it's groove. It handles great and I can actually sit down and take large bumps on rough trails. I think the chassis is great.

Lots of opportunties to get additional performance but what you read on this site is from guys who are trying to get the max performance. Test drive one, maybe the LTX-DX is a perfect setup for you.

Too many personal preferences and opinions to base a decision off what you read on the site. Average rider does make many modifications and frankly, I'd be happy with this sled without any modifications too.

Just my $0.02

So my last question is going to be are thses shocks nitrogen or air, if they are air can a guy run nitrogen in them, if they are nitorgen are people purchasing a tank and bringing it with on trips to do adjustments?

Nitrogen is more stable but carrying a tank on the trail is impossible and if you do make changes with air it will then have the same issues with losing pressure with temp changes. The tubes do not hold a great volume of air and adding air vs nitrogen will negate any positives. If you plan to dial them in and never change then nitrogen is the way to go.

I would say: Buy an LTX and an XTX!Coming from an RMK I was thinking I would do more off-trail than what I actually do with the Viper. Yes the XTX ride surprisingly well on the trail, but I think to switch for an LTX next year, as the 137 corner better, and the 1.25 track bite more on hard pack, and will probably give more top end speed.

Back