• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Next 5 Years...

Talking with the Yamaha Rep at Cascade you will be seeing Yamaha getting real aggresive in the snowmobile market. Each new season they will be coming out with a new model or a new engine for the next five years. Sounds like it will be getting real interesting.

Thats why im not buying into that half breed stuff this year, im waiting for the good stuff to emerge from yamaha in the next year or 2 , I can wait. not jumping ship yet :Rockon:

Nothing that says these "new" models won't be half breeds either. Just sayin'..

Yamaha has stated this will be only sled built with another manufacture. Each year for the next 5 years there will be a new chassis AND motor platform each year till the 50th anniversary.

Everyone seems to forget the tsunami that wiped out most of Japan including alot of yamaha. So that has set them back a bit and I'm sure this is a great compromise that allowed them to have a fun new alternative to what's out there now. And get the 4stroke motor into more people's hands.

We will see???Not trying to be negitive but with sled sales report of only 100,000 total in the industry(and with deals on left overs) and a economy that shows people moving the sport of sleding way down the list, that sounds real aggressive by Yamaha....

Supa Dexta said:
They also said the 120 would be the only joint sled.

Yep, I'm not trying to be a Negative Nancy, it's just that I don't take anything as gospel until it's officially released. If they sell the Viper way beyond expectations, you can bet they'd reconsider only doing one model with Cat.

They said the same thing back when they released the RX1. They had their sites set on being #1 in sales...I believe they dropped from being #3 to #4.

I won't be holding my breath...too often left underwhelmed with Yamaha's offerings on release date. I'm getting close to jumping ship and getting a Skidoo Renegade ACE 900.

New sled for 2012 was the Nytro XTX 1.75 Backcountry!
SO will new sled for 2014 be Viper XTX 1.75 Backcountry?

After the mega hype about nothing this year my interest is waining ..... not holding my breath for a NEW Yamaha ... considering a pair of Freeride's or ProRMK's to replace the 08 Nytros .... the Viper doesn't do it for me (friend with 2013 Cat 100 is going back to BRP)... looks good but I'm afraid that it will be a slightly refined Nytro that's only 20 / 25 lbs lighter. Tired of waiting for Yamaha to fix the issues / develop a new 130 / 140 hp sled that really works off trail .... the other OEM's haven't stood still past 5 / 6 years so why has Yamaha?
I do not ride trails (sorry but if I want comfort on a road I'll jump in my car) and now Yamaha has nothing that works for my riding preference.

I here were alot of you guys are coming from that do alot off trail riding but i'm one that only rides [maybe my age has something to do with that] on trail. I've been riding YAMAHAS for over thirty five years. Starting out on GPX'S, SRV'S, PHAZER'S, EXCITER'S, VMAX4'S, RX1'S and APEX'S I just could not do it to a manufactuer thats been so good to me [except for that that one bad year 93 exciter]. To me [just my opinon] you see one skidoo you seen them all. I just can not tell difference between 2000 skidoo from 2013 skidoo but i'm sure there is alot riders out there that can. Just maybe I will see YAMAHA #1 again before I have to hang up my boots for good. Oh by the way still have the VMAX4 which is up at HAUCK POWERSPORTS giving her some new life, cant wait to get her back home.

couch said:
New sled for 2012 was the Nytro XTX 1.75 Backcountry!
SO will new sled for 2014 be Viper XTX 1.75 Backcountry?

After the mega hype about nothing this year my interest is waining ..... not holding my breath for a NEW Yamaha ... considering a pair of Freeride's or ProRMK's to replace the 08 Nytros .... the Viper doesn't do it for me (friend with 2013 Cat 100 is going back to BRP)... looks good but I'm afraid that it will be a slightly refined Nytro that's only 20 / 25 lbs lighter. Tired of waiting for Yamaha to fix the issues / develop a new 130 / 140 hp sled that really works off trail .... the other OEM's haven't stood still past 5 / 6 years so why has Yamaha?
I do not ride trails (sorry but if I want comfort on a road I'll jump in my car) and now Yamaha has nothing that works for my riding preference.
X2

I think Grimm got it right.
All this talk of Yamaha and Cat getting together and building sleds is "much to do about nothing".
The really BIG news in the snowmobile industry is the new 900 ACE, it is 90 HP an amazing 10 HP more than the 500 CC Phazer and gets 23.3 MPG that is at least 1.5 MPG better than 40 HP more Vector. That is probablly the direction all the people that have snowchecked a new 45 or so HP more and 2 or so MPG less Viper should have gone.

Back