• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nick1945

Nick sold his sled last year and got a motorcycle. I think he is done riding.

What about Lynn Todd, anyone hear from him in awhile? Used to have a lot of good feedback/tips etc from him.

Leno said:
Nick sold his sled last year and got a motorcycle. I think he is done riding.

Wow, didn't know that. Can't believe he gave it up for as much as he talked about it!!

Same here, I rode with Nick last year and was wondering where he has been

He's now a hardcore Harley rider. Spoke with Gravedigger at length about him. Was strange not seeing or riding with him this year.

yeah it was very strange not seeing him at the ride just one of those guys that made your day and night a lot better. and always fun to talk with. kinda like you Dave. can sit around and talk to you for hours and loose track of time.

I talk to Nick now and then. He told me that he could no longer continue snowmobiling any longer due to the long distance he has to drive to get to the UP, 1000 miles round trip + lodging + the short season. He decided to go to the bikes where the season was more like 5 or 6 months instead of 2 or 3 months. In short, he decided to go with a longer season at less $$$.

004.JPG
Good Morning to all my old snowmobile friends. Yes I have retired from the sport of sledding, and got back into bikes, after not owning one for 30 years. Got my first bike back 1967, had a few over the years, and pretty much got a away from it in the middle '80's. Then, May 1st of 2013 I bought a bike, and put 8,000 miles on it by Oct. 15th, and traded it in on a Harley. As much as I loved both of my Apex's, I love this even more. I pull out of the garage, and I'm riding, I don't have to haul it 450 miles one way just to ride it. Last year I rode 8 months, some of it with old sled buddies, and the biggest part of it with other Vets from a lot of American Legion Riders from our post and others. Lots of Parades, and fund raising events, all for vets. I miss all my TY friends, as I had a great time riding, and hanging out with a lot of you. I wish you all the best, and many snow filled seasons to come.

Good Morning Nick

I was honored to ride with you all these years and think I rode with you the last time you were up north snowmobiling.

Have to make a trip to ride bikes with ya ;)!

Terry

Thank you Terry, I always enjoyed TY, and all the TY Rides, BECAUSE of Tom, and all the members I've come to know, a wonderful group of people, that I had the pleasure of spending time with, it was ALL GOOD !!!!!!!!
Take my Friend,

Nick

Hey! Did you get that bucket at Home Depot.lol don't worry you will be back. Wait to you see me on a new viper ltx le next year you will have to have one. I keep NICK in the loop once in a while.

Back