• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

no low beam on 2010 Apex ...SledStart issue?

RedFisher

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2004 RX Warrior
2010 Apex LTX GT
Hey Gang...I have a new to me 2010 Apex LTX GT. I noticed that the low beams don't work, however the high beams do. I replaced the bulbs and the low beams still don't work. In the supplied previous maintenance paperwork, the previous owner switched back to OEM headlights from HID, however no further details are noted. The sled has SledStart remote start installed. I was wondering if the headlight issue may be caused by SledStart? I've also read on TY to check the headlight relay, however I'm not sure how to access it, where it is, or what it looks like. Any advice is appreciated.

1) I love this website and forum
2) Headlight relay was located in front of left foot area. (Just as a few people noted on this website...it's the only relay with 5 wires going to it). Problem was fixed with a few sharp taps with a screwdriver handle. Guess I now have a couple of spare headlights.

next question: Should I replace the relay? if so, do I specifically need a special Yamaha relay, or are these things mostly generic and multi-use?

I'd replace it and check the socket contacts for green corrosion. Clean and put some dielectric grease.

Back